So 2 people got promoted, and one kid quit this week. They were not going to replace the 2 promoted people, and I don't know if they will replace the kid who is quitting. I know they are going to force me to work more Saturdays, but I'm going to tell them no or just quit. It's not worth a job to put up with so much BS these days. Fuck big companies that work their workers like this, and pay them shit because "the times are hard".

So 2 people got promoted, and one kid quit this week. They were not going to replace the 2 promoted people, and I don't know if they will replace the kid who is quitting. I know they are going to force me to work more Saturdays, but I'm going to tell them no or just quit. It's not worth a job to put up with so much BS these days. Fuck big companies that work their workers like this, and pay them shit because "the times are hard".

Don't quit... at least let them lay you off

I'm not going to last the 2 years it'll take for that to happen. I can easily go back to my old job until I find something in a city I want. This stress and workload is not worth it.

my friend (who got married this past november right quick and made everyone fly down to florida with 6 months notice) is pregnant (due in november) and spent the night in the ER bc her husband cut his thumb whilst slicing an apple. she told me she's making him a father survival kit for fathers day this year and is gonna put an apple corer in there.

thats funny and all, but i'm seriously concerned that the guy requires a father survival kit and that my friend with no prior baby experience knows what is needed for said survival kit.

this guy also claims they don't need "that much stuff" to have a baby and that they won't need anyone down there to help with babysitting, etc. (both their families live in nj). so now my friend is at risk of losing her job bc she isn't offered more than 6 weeks maternity leave and they wont guarantee her job back if she takes a year off without pay.

sounds like it'll pan out well.

Yeah, that all does not sound like a good. There's no way they'll be able to handle it all without someone to babysit sometimes, unless she just quits working until the kid(s) grow up enough to go to school.

Stand up to them and let them fire you.

That's another thing that crossed my mind. I think getting fired would look worse thhough.

That's another thing that crossed my mind. I think getting fired would look worse thhough.

Look worse to who?

An HR department in a former company can only say whether they would rehire you or not, or risk a big lawsuit.

So, if you were to get fired and applied elsewhere, the place that you were fired from will not comment on if you were a quality employee or not to your prospective new company. They would verify the dates that you were there (so do not lie about your tenure) and then state whether they would rehire you or not given the opportunity.

Look worse to who?

An HR department in a former company can only say whether they would rehire you or not, or risk a big lawsuit.

True, but all places ask if you're been terminated from a job before (which I never got how this was legal). I don't know, it's a weird situtation, that I don't want to be part of. I'm sick of sick jobs. That's all that's around anymore.

True, but all places ask if you're been terminated from a job before (which I never got how this was legal). I don't know, it's a weird situtation, that I don't want to be part of. I'm sick of sick jobs. That's all that's around anymore.

No they don't. See my amended post above.

HR departments will verify dates of employment and state whether you are re-hire-able or not.

HR departments risk lawsuits if they give more information than that.

No they don't. See my amended post above.

HR departments will verify dates of employment and state whether you are re-hire-able or not.

HR departments risk lawsuits if they give more information than that.

True. I'm sure it'll happen here soon, so I guess I'll see what happens.

This is probably a bad idea, but anyone have any bad stories about being put under for a surgery? I have not had any surgeries yet, but I have to have knee surgery next Thursday, and the thought of being put under seriously freaks me out. Its why I canceled this surgery last fall, but it has to be done. Its silly, while nothing else bothers me, like heights, needles (tattoos/giving blood), etc. this is mind screwing me...

This is probably a bad idea, but anyone have any bad stories about being put under for a surgery? I have not had any surgeries yet, but I have to have knee surgery next Thursday, and the thought of being put under seriously freaks me out. Its why I canceled this surgery last fall, but it has to be done. Its silly, while nothing else bothers me, like heights, needles (tattoos/giving blood), etc. this is mind screwing me...

Not really, but whatever you do, DON'T watch this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211933/?ref_=nv_sr_2

I've had quite a few and all been fine.

However, I'd 100% recommend watching the film Awake if you get chance.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211933/

:ph34r:

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic