I hate the religion talk because everyone likes to make me out to be an idiot just because I'm (loosely) Christian. 

I believe two things: There is a God, and Jesus was the 'messiah'.

I don't buy into the politics/social issues, most of The Bible, etc. Just that ^^. 

Tell your dad that if a book telling him not to rape, murder, lie, and steal is the only thing stopping him from doing those things then he's actually a terrible person.

I tried to explain that to my mom one day. She countered with some bullshit like 'then how do you know it's wrong'. I don't think I ever face palmed so hard in my life.

I just really fucking hate what Christmas has become. Just one large, commercial money grab. It's so fucking stupid. Pretty much every major holiday is absolutely retarded. I don't celebrate any of them.

Pretty much. It's all commercial cash grabs, disguised as deals to encourage consumerism on a large scale. Thanksgiving, and black Friday are the worst for this.

Speaking of Black Friday, Will do you have to put up will all that annoying shit at the Verizon store this year?

I tried to explain that to my mom one day. She countered with some bullshit like 'then how do you know it's wrong'. I don't think I ever face palmed so hard in my life.

That's the best counter by religious people. If a book that tells you you have to be a good person to get into heaven, how can you be a good person without following it? I can't have my own moral bearings, without following them for the sake of a reward?

That's the best counter by religious people. If a book that tells you you have to be a good person to get into heaven, how can you be a good person without following it? I can't have my own moral bearings, without following them for the sake of a reward?

I told my mom she was a brain washed moron, and refuse to listen to her. Doesn't help that I already hate her. Haha.

I told my mom she was a brain washed moron, and refuse to listen to her. Doesn't help that I already hate her. Haha.

My mom also flipped out when she found out I was tattooed. She told me I was ruining my life and making myself unemployable.

Took her a few months of being ignored but she finally stopped texting and calling recently.

My mom also flipped out when she found out I was tattooed. She told me I was ruining my life and making myself unemployable.

Took her a few months of being ignored but she finally stopped texting and calling recently.

My mom did the same thing. My dad didn't like it at first (but that was 8 years ago). He pretty much doesn't even notice them cause he cares so little now. I told him I'll be covered eventually, and it didn't even phase him. My Dad is the cool one.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic