Jersey Mikes is my favorite. My other favorite is Daves Cosmic Subs, it's a growing sub shop in Ohio. 

They are not just in Ohio anymore, but he started them here. Their sauce is fucking amazing.

It's essentially the 5 channel version of mine. So it'll power my old speakers just fine and sound great.

Did you leave/sell him your old speakers when you left?

I have spent probably over $4,000 on daves subs since 2006.

They just opened one in Fairlawn a few months ago, and I go at least once a week. The Turkey Dave is amazing.

Hey, whatever works until you can get exactly what you want when you can afford it. It looks like that has a built in DAC, that plays hi-res, so you can hook up your laptop/ipad/whatever to it via usb for better digital quality.

Nice! I'm guessing that's the usb input on the front. I'll give that a go on Sunday when it arrives!

YUP. He was going to get my polks anyway, so instead of paying a fuck ton to ship them, I sold them to him and I'll just buy the same tsi200s again. Haha.

That was awfully nice of you. At least Brian knows how your set-up sounded and seems to like it, so it's good he is emulating it. Still going for the MMF table too Brian?

I bet it would have been pretty ridiculous to ship those back.

That was awfully nice of you. At least Brian knows how your set-up sounded and seems to like it, so it's good he is emulating it. Still going for the MMF table too Brian?

Yeah going for the mmf and that preamp you showed me yesterday. I think it'll be a solid set up for now.

Yeah, Brian liked my set up so I believe he is essentially recreating it.

Yeah, I bet $100 cause of the weight. I could buy them again for like $175 so fuck that. Haha. This way Brian gets speakers and I didn't have to worry about shipping.

Nice! I'm guessing that's the usb input on the front. I'll give that a go on Sunday when it arrives!

I'd read the manual, now that I look at it, the DAC might only be for the optical/coaxial inputs on the back.

Yeah going for the mmf and that preamp you showed me yesterday. I think it'll be a solid set up for now.

Nice. I'm sure you'll be quite happy with it all. You can finally listen to all those records you have been buying!

Yeah, Brian liked my set up so I believe he is essentially recreating it.

Yeah, I bet $100 cause of the weight. I could buy them again for like $175 so fuck that. Haha. This way Brian gets speakers and I didn't have to worry about shipping.

Hey, it worked out for you both, so that's all that matters now. And you're right, easily $100 for those speakers.

It looks like he is grabbing the Schiit Mani for his preamp, which is a great value as well. I love the sound of mine.

I'm losing my mind, it didn't even register to me that today is Friday. Only 3 more hours until freedom. I need to catch up on some backlogged records tonight, while I organize the rest.

yup, ill back the jersey mikes, so much better than jimmy johns which is shit. we have a place here called Grouchos that makes their own sauce, solid.

INDEED!! I may be nice this year and join secret santa and send that out to a few of our food lover friends here

I back everything Schiit.

That's good to hear because I really like their look and what I read and hear on video reviews. I'm so ready to get a DAC and get started with hearing better sound!

My brother works for an AV installation company that does a lot of high end installs and gets a shit ton of free/cheap stuff. He won a Sonos sound bar/sub that retail for $700 each. His boss is building a new house and is replacing his theater speakers. He's going to give these to my brother... http://vandersteen.com/products/model-3a-signature

He just gave my brother a $2,600 projector screen for $200.

My brother also has a stack of five Onkyo and Marantz amps that people have given him. He'll go to a house to troubleshoot equipment and more often than not a hard reset will fix the problem. A lot of people tell him they want it replaced anyways and will just give him the old equipment after he replaces it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic