I just received an e-mail regarding the shitshow of a 'tour' I was apart of last Summer. I've talked about it a lot on here and how it ended up being a scam etc. etc. etc. 

Basically, he screwed over a second group of people and the one photographer wants us all to make a 60 second video explaining our situation with the company to try and put an end to all the false promises etc. and to stop a third group of people from ending up in the same situation. 

I texted everyone from my group to see if they're doing it, I think I'm going too...but I don't even know how to put into words what happened that Summer. 

I also just find it funny that we did our best to warn this second group from going out with him DIRECTLY and not a single one of them listened. 

Seriously the worst. I'm so exhausted and my body is just like NOPE.

Been there 

I just received an e-mail regarding the shitshow of a 'tour' I was apart of last Summer. I've talked about it a lot on here and how it ended up being a scam etc. etc. etc. 

Basically, he screwed over a second group of people and the one photographer wants us all to make a 60 second video explaining our situation with the company to try and put an end to all the false promises etc. and to stop a third group of people from ending up in the same situation. 

I texted everyone from my group to see if they're doing it, I think I'm going too...but I don't even know how to put into words what happened that Summer. 

I also just find it funny that we did our best to warn this second group from going out with him DIRECTLY and not a single one of them listened. 

You just cannot help some people. 

Seeing them on Thursday, very damn excited!  I'm a little bummed Prurient and Nails aren't playing due to the rescheduling, but that's a minor complaint.

I cannot see how you will be disappointed. Pharmakon is crazy and entertaining. Cut Hands not so much.

But GODFLESH was so heavy and so loud and just so on point.

You just cannot help some people. 

Truth. I'm wondering though, what the guy said to everyone about us. He probably made us all out to be these wild incompetent liars and that's why he fired us. But even then, it would be different if it was one person trying to tell you to stay away. The unlikelyhood of 4 people ALL being liars should have definitely tipped them off that something wasn't right. 

Now there's around 9 people who all had to move back in with parents, end up in debt, lose actual great job opportunities, etc. 

We're still getting e-mails from the "boss" saying he swears he's going to make it up to us and we'll be paid back. I'll let you know if I ever see a cent from the $13,000 I'm owed.

Truth. I'm wondering though, what the guy said to everyone about us. He probably made us all out to be these wild incompetent liars and that's why he fired us. But even then, it would be different if it was one person trying to tell you to stay away. The unlikelyhood of 4 people ALL being liars should have definitely tipped them off that something wasn't right. 

Now there's around 9 people who all had to move back in with parents, end up in debt, lose actual great job opportunities, etc. 

We're still getting e-mails from the "boss" saying he swears he's going to make it up to us and we'll be paid back. I'll let you know if I ever see a cent from the $13,000 I'm owed.

OOF

Had a similar issue a bunch of years back when I was heavily involved with a record label that made promises and left me $25K in debt. You learn lessons in life. Some are painful.

OOF

Had a similar issue a bunch of years back when I was heavily involved with a record label that made promises and left me $25K in debt. You learn lessons in life. Some are painful.

Absolutely, I probably wouldn't take it back either had I known it would end this way. I'd just be more well prepared and little bit smarter.

Our flights and hotels were paid for, I got to see California and Colorado for the first time. I could have lived without being stranded in Ohio for two weeks. There was a lot of stupid music scene drama surrounding me (that I had nothing to do with---a group of catty girls just decided they hated me) and I got to clear a bunch of that up which was nice.

However, not having money for food was a low blow. Especially because being under so much stress without food does not end well for the state of your health. 

That $13,000 is what I was promised to be paid for being out there even though we ended up without shows. That was my off day rate and my retainer for the 5 months I was without a job because he kept pushing the tour dates back, had there been shows...it would have been a lot more. Luckily, I'm not in debt $13,000 (except for college). I honestly couldn't imagine being in your position, but it's nice to know that people have recovered from worse.

But that's why I'm playing it safer than I normally would with touring/moving/etc right now. I don't plan to stay in Kutztown and suddenly get my dream job/tour. I'm just sort of using 2014 to finish up my degree, save some money, and play it low key. Hopefully I'll get a few tours under my belt before the year is up and be full swing by 2015. Just gotta reevaluate somethings and figure out where I stand, ya know?

Everything in life is an important lesson to learn from. 

NO REGERTS. 

Absolutely, I probably wouldn't take it back either had I known it would end this way. I'd just be more well prepared and little bit smarter.

Our flights and hotels were paid for, I got to see California and Colorado for the first time. I could have lived without being stranded in Ohio for two weeks. There was a lot of stupid music scene drama surrounding me (that I had nothing to do with---a group of catty girls just decided they hated me) and I got to clear a bunch of that up which was nice.

However, not having money for food was a low blow. Especially because being under so much stress without food does not end well for the state of your health. 

That $13,000 is what I was promised to be paid for being out there even though we ended up without shows. That was my off day rate and my retainer for the 5 months I was without a job because he kept pushing the tour dates back, had there been shows...it would have been a lot more. Luckily, I'm not in debt $13,000 (except for college). I honestly couldn't imagine being in your position, but it's nice to know that people have recovered from worse.

But that's why I'm playing it safer than I normally would with touring/moving/etc right now. I don't plan to stay in Kutztown and suddenly get my dream job/tour. I'm just sort of using 2014 to finish up my degree, save some money, and play it low key. Hopefully I'll get a few tours under my belt before the year is up and be full swing by 2015. Just gotta reevaluate somethings and figure out where I stand, ya know?

Everything in life is an important lesson to learn from. 

NO REGERTS. 

Awesome attitude... I would not be so reflective about it haha. Seriously wish you well.

Yes, I know people who have recovered from worse too, which was just as encouraging to me.

Awesome attitude... I would not be so reflective about it haha. Seriously wish you well.

Yes, I know people who have recovered from worse too, which was just as encouraging to me.

Hahaha, thank you. 

I just learned that being miserable about it wasn't going to change everything. Using a bad experience to grow has helped me on many occasions, just gotta learn to roll with the punches. 2013 was a real low for me, it's nice to be in a good mental state this year even if I'm not where I want to be.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic