started golfing this year, and considered making a thread for it. i feel like that would be a great way to share tips and instructional videos and whathaveyou.

started golfing this year, and considered making a thread for it. i feel like that would be a great way to share tips and instructional videos and whathaveyou.

I started one but it didn't take off. Or tee off for that matter. (Lol!) I improved a lot recently by playing with my cousin who's a scratch golfer. I never broke 100 until I started playing with him. Now I'm close to breaking 90.

this was easthampton police fucking me over for the second time in the exact same spot... light walking distance from my house.

basically, i had an unpaid parking ticket in northampton, and my registration quietly expired in january (!!!!!!!)

so what i've concluded is that a cop saw the 1/14 sticker on my car as it was parked outside the bar and was just waaaaaiting for me to leave. it's not like he was right behind me.. no way, he came from way the hell down the street.

so he took my plates and towed my car. 

I started one but it didn't take off. Or tee off for that matter. (Lol!) I improved a lot recently by playing with my cousin who's a scratch golfer. I never broke 100 until I started playing with him. Now I'm close to breaking 90.

i've been playing with some friends who are way more experienced than me, but really not all that much better. i need to get out with my dad, though. i've been told he was pretty damn good in his day.

i got a new driver for my birthday, and i've been an absolute beast with it. but i am fucking rubbish with my irons. my 9 is the only one that i have even the slightest confidence in.

was just waaaaaiting for me to leave. 

This sounds about right. 

My friend started dating a girl that lives in Noho not long after he came back from Afghanistan. While she was at work he'd regularly have dinner and some drinks at the Toasted Owl and ended up getting to know a lot of the regulars there. One night he did just that (dinner and drinks) and left to go back to her house. He only made it so far down the road before he was pulled over, and lo and behold the cop pulling him over was one of the regulars at the bar. The cop lied and said he was driving erratically and called for backup and of course he blew just over the limit. So yeah, just back from the army, there he was with a DUI, arrest, probation, license suspension etc. all with no prior record. Not that I condone drinking and driving, but that cop was definitely waiting for people to leave the bar and drive, and lied.

i've been playing with some friends who are way more experienced than me, but really not all that much better. i need to get out with my dad, though. i've been told he was pretty damn good in his day.

i got a new driver for my birthday, and i've been an absolute beast with it. but i am fucking rubbish with my irons. my 9 is the only one that i have even the slightest confidence in.

That's strange. Most people are great at their 7 iron. Is it your alignment? That can change a whole lot. I align the ball 6 inches off my front heel, then drop my club, place my hands close below my chin on the club, hands slightly forward, shoulders slightly arched and try to keep my cheek behind the ball. I used to top a lot of shots but doing that along with keeping my head down and controlling my body and not opening up too soon had really helped my game.

I'm normally just like "I know you're there" and then they get all mad because they aren't sneaky.

But he had left earlier and I was here by myself. I heard the door go off, so I figured a customer came in. I finished washing a dish and walked out, no one was there. I work in a suuuuper old historical building. Built in the 1700s, George Washington used to stay here when it was a hotel. So sometimes things creak or I think I hear the door bell but it's just me spooking myself out.

So I figured either I just thought I heard the sound or someone peeked in and then left. I went to investigate just to make sure someone didn't go to the back room to wait for me, and he just jumps up from behind the bar and screams "BOOO!"

I wasn't close enough to hit him but I probably would have if I was, hahaha.

Lol well that's kinda cool. I've had some weird experiences myself at work. My favorite is when all of the paper towel dispensers go off and I'm nowhere near them. A lot of the nuns used to work in the kitchen back in the day and they've all since passed. One of the current nuns told me that the light is always on in the room next door to her and it isn't in use. Nobody turns it on.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic