i've found that the ones who have all the money constantly poor mouth, and the ones who don't are the most generous. example: my mom's dad (my pop pop) has tonnnnns of money; he was the plant manager at a textile mill for years, and did really well with his investments, too. he is literally living off the interest of his investments. when we go visit him, he doesn't even pay for our meal if we go out to eat. latest example: my aunt went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for him (she lives probably half an hour away and does most of the running for him). she paid something like $37.85 for his stuff, and asked him for a check for $38. he fought with her over whether she should have rounded that number down to $37 cuz $38 was overcharging him. OH OK SIR.

my dad's dad was a mail man his whole life and while he wasn't poor, he didn't have much. if my dad drove up to visit or check on him, he'd ALWAYS insist on giving him gas money, and buy dinner for us all. he was always trying to slip money to my sister and i.

not saying that's always the case, but in my experience it is.

It's SO true. I mean, I guess being stingy keeps you wealthy? It always just really annoyed me because they give my dad anything he asks for...but that's a whole different can of worms.

:(  What is wrong with your tummy?

I start eating gluten this weekend for my Celiac Panel in 3 weeks.... it is not going well.

i have no idea. its really upset. nothing out of the ordinary. sprite and ginger ale all morning. some tums, etc.

there was a beef recall in Missouri restaurants...but i havent eaten out in a long time. just gonna grin and bear it.

3 weeks of eating it?!

that's almost cruel. ok, that is cruel.

For an accurate test result it's supposed to be a minimum of 6 weeks.  I did not know this until this past Friday and my test is in 3 weeks.  =\  My test will probably still show up as negative even though I'm feeling the side effects 24/7 between now and when I get the results back.

For an accurate test result it's supposed to be a minimum of 6 weeks. I did not know this until this past Friday and my test is in 3 weeks. =\ My test will probably still show up as negative even though I'm feeling the side effects 24/7 between now and when I get the results back.

Lets not be a negative nancy!! Be posi, brah!

For an accurate test result it's supposed to be a minimum of 6 weeks.  I did not know this until this past Friday and my test is in 3 weeks.  =\  My test will probably still show up as negative even though I'm feeling the side effects 24/7 between now and when I get the results back.

ugh, that sucks. :[

couldn't you reschedule it? and tell them to give you better instructions next time! (or at least timely ones?)

Lets not be a negative nancy!! Be posi, brah!

It's hard to, haha.  If 6 weeks are needed, it's hard to say that it's not going to come up as a false negative if it's only been in my system for half of the suggested time. =\

ugh, that sucks. :[

couldn't you reschedule it? and tell them to give you better instructions next time! (or at least timely ones?)

No =\  It's on the same script as my thyroid testing, so if I skip the Celiac panel, that means I skip my thyroid bloodwork, too, which isn't smart to do since I've yet to be balanced on my meds.  The only thing I can do is put the Celiac panel on the next script for bloodwork.  The only issue there is that I'll have to eat gluten for 9 weeks total, which isn't looking possible for me lol.  I'm on day 4 and I want to give up so idk how 9 weeks will go over, lol.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic