Buffy has thyroid problems! she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism 2 years ago (until then i really had no idea that that could be a problem in cats, though i guess duh obviously they have a thyroid too) and had surgery to have her thyroid removed! they gave us three options: surgery to remove it and effectively cure her, meds to regulate it for the rest of her life, or a radioactive iodine treatment at some place in Maryland.  the meds were out because there's no way in hell i'd force feed that cat pills every day, the radioactive treatment was extremely expensive AND she has a kitty panic attack just going to the vet's, and it requires the cat to stay there for up to 10 days, so THAT was out.  so surgery it was! and knock on wood, she's still kicking at almost 16!

Aww!  She doesn't need any meds post-surgery?  In humans if you have hyper/Graves and you have a thyroidectomy, you're automatically hypo and require meds to supplement.  Andy is hyper, too.  He got really really skinny out of nowhere and he's always been a tiny cat.  He was already declawed and used to be an outdoor cat before Erik's parents moved and he would get beat up because he's so small.  :(  I'm not sure how he's being treated though... I'm assuming by medication.

Aww!  She doesn't need any meds post-surgery?  In humans if you have hyper/Graves and you have a thyroidectomy, you're automatically hypo and require meds to supplement.  Andy is hyper, too.  He got really really skinny out of nowhere and he's always been a tiny cat.  He was already declawed and used to be an outdoor cat before Erik's parents moved and he would get beat up because he's so small.   :(  I'm not sure how he's being treated though... I'm assuming by medication.

she had to take meds for a week or two after her surgery until her body learned to compensate for things, the vet said. yeah, buff is tiny (only 8 lbs) to begin with and got really skinny but was eating EVERYTHING. like, we couldn't leave anything out on the counters, or she would jump up and eat it. she'd try to steal food right out of our hands if we were eating. we thought she was just being bad, but she was actually starving all the time even when she was eating everything :[ then we felt super bad for scolding her, haha. she also started drinking more, so we thought she might be diabetic at first, but the vet knew right away. we also didn't realize how scruffy her coat had gotten until after her surgery and it got nice and fluffy soft again. (she feels your 'my hair sucks because of my thyroid' pain)

she had to take meds for a week or two after her surgery until her body learned to compensate for things, the vet said. yeah, buff is tiny (only 8 lbs) to begin with and got really skinny but was eating EVERYTHING. like, we couldn't leave anything out on the counters, or she would jump up and eat it. she'd try to steal food right out of our hands if we were eating. we thought she was just being bad, but she was actually starving all the time even when she was eating everything :[ then we felt super bad for scolding her, haha. she also started drinking more, so we thought she might be diabetic at first, but the vet knew right away. we also didn't realize how scruffy her coat had gotten until after her surgery and it got nice and fluffy soft again. (she feels your 'my hair sucks because of my thyroid' pain)

Awwww poor kitty!  I feel like we understand eachother haha.  I'm glad she's doing better now.  Our dog before Dexter was diabetic.  We had to shoot him twice a day.  He was always stoked on it because shots = food is coming lol.  Then he went blind because of it. :(

Awwww poor kitty!  I feel like we understand eachother haha.  I'm glad she's doing better now.  Our dog before Dexter was diabetic.  We had to shoot him twice a day.  He was always stoked on it because shots = food is coming lol.  Then he went blind because of it. :(

aawwwwww puppy :(  :( :(  

xander has had to take liquid meds twice since we got him, and he LOVES it. usually you have to stick it in a syringe, jam it in the corner of their mouth and pray that it all gets down their throat. with him i just have to squirt it out and he licks it right out of the syringe. he's such a funny cat. (i think i posted a video of him doing this awhile ago on IG)

aawwwwww puppy :(  :( :(  

xander has had to take liquid meds twice since we got him, and he LOVES it. usually you have to stick it in a syringe, jam it in the corner of their mouth and pray that it all gets down their throat. with him i just have to squirt it out and he licks it right out of the syringe. he's such a funny cat. (i think i posted a video of him doing this awhile ago on IG)

i didn't see that video! i'll have to stalk to your IG for it haha.

It's pretty much: "Oh we have an established thread for Mondo releases? Well I don't like that. I want separate threads per release because I don't feel like following the thread and getting notifications. You guys are just elitist because I can't get what I want. I'm just going to make ridiculous threads to piss and moan about it some more."

It's pretty much: "Oh we have an established thread for Mondo releases? Well I don't like that. I want separate threads per release because I don't feel like following the thread and getting notifications. You guys are just elitist because I can't get what I want. I'm just going to make ridiculous threads to piss and moan about it some more."

classic realtalk haha

what a pain in the butt

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic