Yeah when they're real bad they double up the medications.  I'm on 10mg of Singulair and 10mg of Xyzal.  Then two sprays in each nostril of Nasonex and Nasacort.  And I have two eye drops; Pataday (Rx) and Zaditor (OTC).  Plus of course the injections. & this is only one of my many ailments haha.

Yeah when they're real bad they double up the medications.  I'm on 10mg of Singulair and 10mg of Xyzal.  Then two sprays in each nostril of Nasonex and Nasacort.  And I have two eye drops; Pataday (Rx) and Zaditor (OTC).  Plus of course the injections. & this is only one of my many ailments haha.

i used to be on Nasacort but it started drying out my sinuses so much that i would get nosebleeds all the time.

i have to take meds every day, (i used to take claritin, but it got pricey along with my other meds, so now i take this and it's exactly the same, only 1/10th the price: http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature%E2%84%A2-AllerClear%C2%AE-Non-Drowsy,-365-Tablets.product.11602332.html) weirdly, i took allegra initially for my allergies, but my insurance won't pay for any allergy meds.

SIDENOTE: those eye drops you recommended to me worked like a charm! woke up with the worst itchy right eye on Saturday, used those, and within a couple minutes the intense desire to scratch my eye out had subsided and didn't return all day!

THE BEST!!!!!  They are seriously the best eye drops I've ever used.  I prefer that over the Pataday that I was prescribed.  The only reason I know about Zaditor is because a customer who I was friendly with at my old job has bad allergy eyes, too.  He would tell me how sorry he is that my eyes were always so red and he recommended Zaditor and it was the best piece of advice I've ever gotten haha.

i used to be on Nasacort but it started drying out my sinuses so much that i would get nosebleeds all the time.

i have to take meds every day, (i used to take claritin, but it got pricey along with my other meds, so now i take this and it's exactly the same, only 1/10th the price: http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature%E2%84%A2-AllerClear%C2%AE-Non-Drowsy,-365-Tablets.product.11602332.html) weirdly, i took allegra initially for my allergies, but my insurance won't pay for any allergy meds.

I'll have to tell my mom to get them the next time she goes to Costco.  Hopefully that works!  The one we have now is a Kirkland brand, but not that one.

THE BEST!!!!!  They are seriously the best eye drops I've ever used.  I prefer that over the Pataday that I was prescribed.  The only reason I know about Zaditor is because a customer who I was friendly with at my old job has bad allergy eyes, too.  He would tell me how sorry he is that my eyes were always so red and he recommended Zaditor and it was the best piece of advice I've ever gotten haha.

thank you for passing along this best piece of advice. YOU DA BEST, GRRRRRL.

i'm allergic to dogs like labrador retrievers. just that shorter, almost a little bit wire-y type of fur. cuz i'm fine with my sister's greyhounds and pretty much any other dogs. very weird.

i'm allergic to dogs like labrador retrievers. just that shorter, almost a little bit wire-y type of fur. cuz i'm fine with my sister's greyhounds and pretty much any other dogs. very weird.

I'm allergic to labs saliva for some reason... my rents dog Bear licks me, instant hives.

Where do his cats live? My rents have 4 & whenever I'm over I'm an allergy mess. But I deal cuz they're adorable & I can't stop constantly petting them. Even with allergies I'd probly have a cat if my landlord let me.

With his parents.  Which is fine now since they're 15 minutes away... but they're moving to Delaware at the end of this year.  His cat Andy is such a sweetheart.  It hurts me not to be able to pet him so I use a wooden spoon lol.  He loves it.

You're welcome!

Ugh Dexter makes my allergy eyes go crazy.  I hate it because I want to roll on the ground with him and give him hugs but I can't. :(  I do worse with short haired dogs like pugs and stuff like that.  The single coat dogs seem to bother me more than the dual coat dogs.

I'm allergic to labs saliva for some reason... my rents dog Bear licks me, instant hives.

I just learned about that yesterday morning on Dogs 101!  I didn't know that the saliva could do that.

With his parents.  Which is fine now since they're 15 minutes away... but they're moving to Delaware at the end of this year.  His cat Andy is such a sweetheart.  It hurts me not to be able to pet him so I use a wooden spoon lol.  He loves it.

I just learned about that yesterday morning on Dogs 101!  I didn't know that the saliva could do that.

I hear ya... sometimes I use a wooden back scratcher on the kitties when the allergies become too much. They love it though. Yeah the saliva is the worst. They have 2 dogs but only their lab licks & I always tell him "no lick, no lick!" but he doesnt care, lol. So I'm constantly washing my hands & arms when I'm there. All in all its worth it. Hopefully w/ NJ & DE bordering each other your bf & you can still see Andy :)

You're welcome!

Ugh Dexter makes my allergy eyes go crazy.  I hate it because I want to roll on the ground with him and give him hugs but I can't. :(  I do worse with short haired dogs like pugs and stuff like that.  The single coat dogs seem to bother me more than the dual coat dogs.

i just laughed a lot picturing you petting the cat with a wooden spoon. it was an 'awwwww little Ashton, that's so endearing!' laugh.

I hear ya... sometimes I use a wooden back scratcher on the kitties when the allergies become too much. They love it though. Yeah the saliva is the worst. They have 2 dogs but only their lab licks & I always tell him "no lick, no lick!" but he doesnt care, lol. So I'm constantly washing my hands & arms when I'm there. All in all its worth it. Hopefully w/ NJ & DE bordering each other your bf & you can still see Andy :)

Awww haha.  I love pets.  It's hard not to touch them when you're around them.   Yeah we'll be down there quite often because both of my bf's nieces are in DE, too.  Andy has a thyroid disease, too.  So we've bonded over that haha.

Awww haha.  I love pets.  It's hard not to touch them when you're around them.   Yeah we'll be down there quite often because both of my bf's nieces are in DE, too.  Andy has a thyroid disease, too.  So we've bonded over that haha.

Buffy has thyroid problems! she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism 2 years ago (until then i really had no idea that that could be a problem in cats, though i guess duh obviously they have a thyroid too) and had surgery to have her thyroid removed! they gave us three options: surgery to remove it and effectively cure her, meds to regulate it for the rest of her life, or a radioactive iodine treatment at some place in Maryland.  the meds were out because there's no way in hell i'd force feed that cat pills every day, the radioactive treatment was extremely expensive AND she has a kitty panic attack just going to the vet's, and it requires the cat to stay there for up to 10 days, so THAT was out.  so surgery it was! and knock on wood, she's still kicking at almost 16!

Around $20 for first-class I think, but no tracking. If I recall I think tracking pushed it to $45 - 50.

Can't say exactly since I didn't opt for the tracking but it was a BIG jump.

Damn. So probably not a great idea to send a $50 record to the UK without tracking to a member with 0 feedback. Dammit.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic