Right as everyone is about to leave at 5, the bass says we need to stay until 8:30. So I guess I'm working a 13.5 hour day today.

Someone send me a hamburger.

I heard hamburger!!!!

OT sucks but the paycheck will be nice! Whenever that crap happens to me I plan in my head one really cool thing I wanna buy with my check that I normally wouldn't. Kinda eases the pain of it all.

OT sucks but the paycheck will be nice! Whenever that crap happens to me I plan in my head one really cool thing I wanna buy with my check that I normally wouldn't. Kinda eases the pain of it all.

My boss does not do overtime pay, or any breaks off the clock. If you ask him about it he just fires you. Anyone want to work at a small time record store now?! Haha. My wife worked 48 hours last week and barely had anything to show for it.

So if we can all plan a time of the day where we are free for two hours, movie night should happen. Video chat is fine, but I typically watch the movies on the same thing I would video chat on... I am free every night, m wife works until midnight.

My boss does not do overtime pay, or any breaks off the clock. If you ask him about it he just fires you. Anyone want to work at a small time record store now?! Haha. My wife worked 48 hours last week and barely had anything to show for it.

So if we can all plan a time of the day where we are free for two hours, movie night should happen. Video chat is fine, but I typically watch the movies on the same thing I would video chat on... I am free every night, m wife works until midnight.

The hell? Overtime is federal law unless they gross under 500k a year in revenue

Yep.  Tired of always being there at the drop of a hat and being there for people when they need something and then I just magically don't exist to them when they don't need something.

I've lived that life my friend. People like us live to make everyone else happy, but ourselves. Break your back to help someone who would not lift a finger for you. Luckily for me I got married, had kids, and started my own family of awesomeness.

Since I know everyone is just dyyyying to hear about how much I love the cover art/packaging for Earth - The Bees Made Honey in the Lions Skull...

I love it. So much.  I'm posting pics in small talk.  I just didn't realize it was this awesome looking, I guess.

2llougy.jpg

1ot69w.jpg

That spine, btw, is like...1/2" thick. Also realizing that is a terrrrrible picture.

2ziuhc9.jpg

2r2qfqt.jpg

344rqqc.jpg

Mm! Nothing like a gatefold inside a...book cover? Kind of? Plus double red vinyl, ngghhhhhh. :P

Also, I don't know if I'll be able to make it often, but I could be down for movie night sometime.

I've lived that life my friend. People like us live to make everyone else happy, but ourselves. Break your back to help someone who would not lift a finger for you. Luckily for me I got married, had kids, and started my own family of awesomeness.

Well, I'm glad it got better for you.  Still hoping for the best cause I'm far from that point right now.

Since I know everyone is just dyyyying to hear about how much I love the cover art/packaging for Earth - The Bees Made Honey in the Lions Skull...

I love it. So much. I'm posting pics in small talk. I just didn't realize it was this awesome looking, I guess.

2llougy.jpg

1ot69w.jpg

That spine, btw, is like...1/2" thick. Also realizing that is a terrrrrible picture.

2ziuhc9.jpg

2r2qfqt.jpg

344rqqc.jpg

Mm! Nothing like a gatefold inside a...book cover? Kind of? Plus double red vinyl, ngghhhhhh. :P

Also, I don't know if I'll be able to make it often, but I could be down for movie night sometime.

Love this record packaging.

I can't wait to get my Earth records. Hopefully they're here tomorrow. That packaging looks so good.

It is! I didn't even post how it came packaged. Now that was a work of art. (Sorry ghostdrones, don't know how to multiquotenon phone, but this goes out to you too.) Those corner bumpers. Brilliant. I was a little worried because the box that arrives was so big, but it was packages immaculately. (Also forgot I ordered Om - Pilgrimage, so that was a nice surprise.) someone should do an unboxing vidbjust to show how much care SL takes when shipping.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic