Yeah thats where I'm about at. It's tough for sure. Have you ever quit before? I quit for a year & a half. So stupid ever starting again.

I quit 5 years, and like ~7 months ago. Will never go back. Sometimes I have dreams involving cigarettes and when I wake up I'm like 'PRAISE LORD! I didn't break my streak.' One is all it takes to have to start all over again.  Like videogames that have perma-death, only real life.  It's like losing all your souls in Dark Souls or something.

Before I quit, I started in early teens, smoked for about 9 years, I guess? Hard to say exactly when it turned from trying them to being a smoker. Smoked more heavily when I was with others who smoked heavily. Like I'd typically smoke half a pack a day, but if I was with other smokers I would go through a pack a day, but some of those I was probably giving away.

I quit 5 years, and like ~7 months ago. Will never go back. Sometimes I have dreams involving cigarettes and when I wake up I'm like 'PRAISE LORD! I didn't break my streak.' One is all it takes to have to start all over again.  Like videogames that have perma-death, only real life.  It's like losing all your souls in Dark Souls or something.

Before I quit, I started in early teens, smoked for about 9 years, I guess? Hard to say exactly when it turned from trying them to being a smoker. Smoked more heavily when I was with others who smoked heavily. Like I'd typically smoke half a pack a day, but if I was with other smokers I would go through a pack a day, but some of those I was probably giving away.

Yeah I started at about 15.... smoked for 10 years or so, quit for 6 months, started again, quit for a year & a half, started again and here I am. :angry:  Sucks cuz I really enjoy it but theres not one redeeming thing about smoking.

I smoke still. I go through a pack every three weeks though. I never smoke at home, only on breaks at work.

Damn thats not bad at all

I'm overly considerate of my wife not being a smoker. I really don't want her to have to smell it on me. Then there is the 4 year old, she has never seen me smoke, plus the wife is pregnant. So I keep that habit far away from their minds. Most of the time they don't even remember that I smoke. Last pack only lasted two week though, I had a couple of 16 hour shifts haha.

I'm overly considerate of my wife not being a smoker. I really don't want her to have to smell it on me. Then there is the 4 year old, she has never seen me smoke, plus the wife is pregnant. So I keep that habit far away from their minds. Most of the time they don't even remember that I smoke. Last pack only lasted two week though, I had a couple of 16 hour shifts haha.

Much respect for that man. Lovin the new pic too

Much respect for that man. Lovin the new pic too

I'm just compulsively nice/respectful/helpful. I actually REALLY hate that quality about myself. I talk to customers way more than I want to at work. I feel like I'm annoying people when I try to help. Self conscience, and always telling people sorry in stores, like when they get in my way, I apologize. WTF is that. Why can't I be the big ball of rage I really am? Annnnnyway, the pic! I forgot to look for new ones, I got the first one when he just debuted, and there was no other option.

Thank you for censoring that. I almost used the original version as my avatar, but realized that then my every post would be both NSFW and NSFL

Either of those works. I just recently heard the NSFL tag, on this very forum in fact. Not suitable for life is what I was told.

Pssst...I think it stands for Not Safe For Logan.

I like that. I'm going to write that up on my blackboard for all of my students to see.

we have a winner

#NSFL has always stood for Not Safe For Logan when mentioned by a VC member hahaha. 

But it would be super terrible if I was offended by boobs because I have them?!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic