Yup! Went all the way across town to avoid the popular downtown record store tthat I knew would be crazy busy. Hopefully they have everything I'm wanting to get. I'll grab a GOTG cassette, but I know noalarmplanet was looking for one. Maybe they will let me grab two.

If nobody still turns up don a number of different disguises and get 3!

homer-plays-with-mustache-simpsons.gif

I'm bookmarking all the websites for whenever the leftover stock goes up hoping some have them in and post to the UK.

OOOH. If you can grab one for me Id appreciate it! I'm trying to collect the Marvel soundtracks.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3TKISpCMAEM8KX.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3MaXCCCQAAWm_q.jpg

Apparently that's them! I'll be heading in there this weekend I hope so of course I'll grab you one.

I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy so I don't think I understand why that tape is such a big deal. It seems like everybody is desperate to grab a copy. Anyone want to explain to me?

The main character's mom gave him a cassette mixtape as a gift before she died. He plays it throughout the movie as it's the soundtrack. Plus it's a catchy soundtrack.

I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy so I don't think I understand why that tape is such a big deal. It seems like everybody is desperate to grab a copy. Anyone want to explain to me?

I haven't it yet either, I'm just after it as a gift. People are going crazy over it though.

The main story comes about because of his Mum dying at the start. It came out in the same week my Mum passed away so I never felt like going to watch that part!

Everything ok with the family man?

Yeah, my dad was able to come home yesterday. He has 40-50% blockage in his heart so it wasn't enough to put in a stent. He's on meds for cholesterol & blood pressure. The chest attacks have subsided & thankfully it didnt end up being a heart attack. His lungs are pretty much shot from years of cigs & weed, but he quit smoking 25 years ago so its not like hes making things worse. Needs to eat better & not let shit stress him out, which unfortunately is really difficult for him & I (the stress part). He has a follow-up drs appointment in a week, but the docs are pretty confident the meds & a healthier lifestyle will keep these episodes in check.

Thanks to you & everyone for all the kind words :wub: . I believe it helped. This was a scary time for us, but things seem to be on the right track.

Yeah, my dad was able to come home yesterday. He has 40-50% blockage in his heart so it wasn't enough to put in a stent. He's on meds for cholesterol & blood pressure. The chest attacks have subsided & thankfully it didnt end up being a heart attack. His lungs are pretty much shot from years of cigs & weed, but he quit smoking 25 years ago so its not like hes making things worse. Needs to eat better & not let shit stress him out, which unfortunately is really difficult for him & I (the stress part). He has a follow-up drs appointment in a week, but the docs are pretty confident the meds & a healthier lifestyle will keep these episodes in check.

Thanks to you & everyone for all the kind words :wub: . I believe it helped. This was a scary time for us, but things seem to be on the right track.

Glad they seem to of caught it before it became a heart attack! It's always better catching these things early.

Glad he managed to make it home for thanksgiving too!

Glad they seem to of caught it before it became a heart attack! It's always better catching these things early.

Glad he managed to make it home for thanksgiving too!

Exactly. The silver lining of the chest attacks was that they caught it before things could get worse.

We put Thanksgiving on hold til Saturday so he could recuperate, but it's all good.

I'm so glad things are better and not as scary!!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic