Lucky!  I'm excited to get mine.  I really want some more GbV reissues in the future.  They have too many OOP studio albums for it to be remotely possible for me to collect it all.

It's an excellent reissue. It's in a heavy duty gatefold jacket, and the record is in one of those nice thick poly sleeves. Totally worth the $20 it's retailing for.

If you've got any Boston Spaceship/Robert Pollard releases you're missing, let me know. Someone traded in a ton of that stuff and it's all mostly priced between $10-$15

I was able to grab a lot of Pollard's solo album when oldies.com had that sale, I still haven't gone through it all.  Dude puts out SO much stuff.  I appreciate the offer and I'll let you know if there are any I'm looking for.

Have you read Perfect from Now On or Guided by Voices : A Brief History?  They're both pretty entertaining and worth sitting down with.  Perfect from Now On isn't exclusively focused on GbV, but at least the last half is (if not more).

I was able to grab a lot of Pollard's solo album when oldies.com had that sale, I still haven't gone through it all. Dude puts out SO much stuff. I appreciate the offer and I'll let you know if there are any I'm looking for.

Have you read Perfect from Now On or Guided by Voices : A Brief History? They're both pretty entertaining and worth sitting down with. Perfect from Now On isn't exclusively focused on GbV, but at least the last half is (if not more).

I haven't read either. I'll have to check them out.

still one of the best things to ever happen to my IG feed. 

also, speaking of asking alexandria, their former (?) bass player is apparently on here. good dude. randomly wound up trading with him recently and had no idea who he was.

lol well I'm proving to myself that I can take a month off of drinking and also eating better. I wish I could on Saturday, I'm off this weekend!

Keep it up, up, up! I believe in you!!

I took the last two weeks off from drinking because I had the fluuuuuuu. Worked out since I so skipped going to the gym during that time. Got back to the gym tonight, though, and it have my muscles some nice time to rebuild, added way more weight tonight than I'm usually used to.

:)

Keep it up, up, up! I believe in you!!

I took the last two weeks off from drinking because I had the fluuuuuuu. Worked out since I so skipped going to the gym during that time. Got back to the gym tonight, though, and it have my muscles some nice time to rebuild, added way more weight tonight than I'm usually used to.

:)

Haha I got this.  I just want those rewards now, but I can hold on for a bit longer.  I may go buy myself a celebratory steak.

you all seem like way healthier/more responsible human beings than i am. 

Eh, I'm trying to be.  So far my will power is proving to be more than I thought it'd be.  I still need to mix in working out to really get going.  I did lose 14 pounds already so I'm doing something right.

Eh, I'm trying to be.  So far my will power is proving to be more than I thought it'd be.  I still need to mix in working out to really get going.  I did lose 14 pounds already so I'm doing something right.

so much respect. you're doing great!

and it's definitely tough . especially mentally....just knowing you can't do something makes you seem to want it even more. i could go tor a random while without drinking and be fine, but i feel like the second i tell myself "no beer for x amount of time", i'm like "need. beer. now!"

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic