Got invited to a Magic draft tomorrow (apparently there's a new set out).  I don't think  I like playing enough to invent and play regularly, but once every month or two is a lot of fun.

I've always wanted to get into Magic, there is a bar here where a group of friends meet up around 3pm and just play all night long. I need to make a missed connection friends edition post and ask to hang with them... or just man up and be social.

I think it's You, Me, and Everyone We Know

Never heard them but I did see the movie called that.

I've heard them and I honestly couldn't tell you what they sound like, they left no impression on me except for being something I had no interest in.

I've always wanted to get into Magic, there is a bar here where a group of friends meet up around 3pm and just play all night long. I need to make a missed connection friends edition post and ask to hang with them... or just man up and be social.

I played about 14-16 years ago really regularly and lost interest in it.  Sometime last year, I found out some of my friends were into it and I started tagging a long off and on.  I usually borrow a deck (or use a draft deck) and I have fun.  The fundamentals haven't really changed, so it was easy for me to get back into it.

Haha, I'd recommend just being social.  The missed connection thing might be a little creepy ;)

Well, why else would you be holding hands?

Im the exact opposite of intimidating so I've had guys hit on my girlfriends right in front of me before.

It was worth it for the one time I was really drunk so I interrupted the dude and said "Hey let me know when you're done wasting your time so I can take her home and do all the shit you're thinking about doing to her right now."

Got invited to a Magic draft tomorrow (apparently there's a new set out). I don't think I like playing enough to invent and play regularly, but once every month or two is a lot of fun.

Sealed and draft are the only formats I'll play anymore. Especially right when they come out or for pre-release events.

Tonight was rad. I missed all the "basement shows" talk in here the other day, but I just saw Brian Bell from Weezer play a set at a small record store here for like 20 people. After the show he signed a poster for me. He's a cool guy. Also cool, The owner of the record store sold me a copy of the new Guided by Voices - Bee Thousand reissue a week early because he knew how excited I was for it.

i know nothing about magic, but when i was like 10, it seemed like a good way to get the boys i had crushes on to talk to me.

pretty sure i still have a stack of cards stashed away somewhere at the family home. that home is getting sold in the near future and i need to go do some hardcore cleaning. if any magic cards get unearthed, you guys can have first dibs. 

The owner of the record store sold me a copy of the new Guided by Voices - Bee Thousand reissue a week early because he knew how excited I was for it.

Lucky!  I'm excited to get mine.  I really want some more GbV reissues in the future.  They have too many OOP studio albums for it to be remotely possible for me to collect it all.

Tonight was rad. I missed all the "basement shows" talk in here the other day, but I just saw Brian Bell from Weezer play a set at a small record store here for like 20 people. After the show he signed a poster for me. He's a cool guy. Also cool, The owner of the record store sold me a copy of the new Guided by Voices - Bee Thousand reissue a week early because he knew how excited I was for it.

that is rad!

it always makes me happy when bands/musicians that have gotten pretty big still play random small gigs from time to time. often, it seems like they enjoy it so much more than the huge shows. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic