I had a lot of fun tonight and I think we should do this again sometime so we can include others who (for various reasons) couldn't be part of the chat.

:) I love y'all

Was a good time! Sorry I ran out quick, had to run to the store before it got too late here. We should def do it again sometime.

Ugh, still getting calls about the issue yesterday even though we put a message out there for everyone to read on it. People are lazy.

Edit: 4 needs to get here, so I can leave and pick up my tt. So many records to spin today.

All our stores/dealers were having issues processing debit cards. For some reason the company we use to process cards was not sending back approvals, so it would come up error in our system. The problem is people ran cards 3-4 times and it was taking money out every single time, so we are dealing with 100's of people who got double, triple billed etc. Also a lot of store have pending transactions they can't close on their system.

All our stores/dealers were having issues processing debit cards. For some reason the company we use to process cards was not sending back approvals, so it would come up error in our system. The problem is people ran cards 3-4 times and it was taking money out every single time, so we are dealing with 100's of people who got double, triple billed etc. Also a lot of store have pending transactions they can't close on their system.

Ahh, that is a huge pain in the ass. I remember when working at Papa Johns that people would order and pay with a card, then cancel and complain that their money didn't instantly go right back to their bank balance. They never wanted to hear you have 2-3 days wait for that

The company is trying to get everyone's money back quick, but since they are debit transactions, it's up to the bank to refund it usually after the company does. And we know banks hate giving money back, so it takes forever.

The biggest problem is these are all repair work and tires, so people are getting double billed for $100/$1000's. It's a mess.

The company is trying to get everyone's money back quick, but since they are debit transactions, it's up to the bank to refund it usually after the company does. And we know banks hate giving money back, so it takes forever.

The biggest problem is these are all repair work and tires, so people are getting double billed for $100/$1000's. It's a mess.

I can't imagine the level of pissed off someone would be after getting double or triple charged for something in the hundreds of dollars range.

I know I would not be happy. I'm sure a lot of people are dealing with overdraft fees and such because of it. Not sure what'll happen with those.

Yea I didn't even think about how that would fuck up someone's bill paying by way of causing a rent check to bounce or so forth

I think the card processor is supposed to cover all those fees, but it's going to be a horrible few days/weeks for people affected. I know I talked to one store yesterday who had a customer call his bank to reverse the charges right away, since he was going on a trip. The bank pretty much told him no, since all the transactions got approvals so it was his fault for running his card so many times.

Morning folks. Last night was fun, at least this old fucker trying to figure out how to prop up his phone and get it working at the same time had fun :) I hope my southern accent wasn't that awful though lol

Wasn't awful by any meanas, I just didn't picture you with that accent. I think you mentioned it once, actually, it just never registered.

It's funny how you think someone will sound based on how they look to you, and when they sound different it's baffling lol.

I get that a lot. People think I'd have a much higher voice.

With most people here, I don't really know what to expect, because I mostly just read everything online in the same voice. That includes Dom's posts, even though I had heard his voice before. 

I get that a lot. People think I'd have a much higher voice.

With most people here, I don't really know what to expect, because I mostly just read everything online in the same voice. That includes Dom's posts, even though I had heard his voice before. 

I was really surprised at how deep your voice was actually lol

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic