Exactly. I don't understand why employers care. It's 2016, get over your shitty conservative view on how people should look. Do you want me to wear a suit to a job where I sit and talk on the phone all day now too? The shitty economy makes employers worse for paying people too. A job offers minimum wage, then when you complain or ask for more you get the "at least you have a job in this economoy" bullshit. It's such a fucking cop out. Talking about this shit always pisses me off.

Then jazzdads get all pissy about raising minimum wage because they think they're better than people who work "low" jobs.

Sorry about "jazzdad" saturation. I always overuse new things before they assimilate into my regular vocab.

No piercing or visible tattoos here either, apparently working at the headquarters of a large tire manufacture is a big deal. If you go into the stores, they don't give a fuck how they look.

Hell I'm not even a company employee, just a contractor, which seem worse. I'm tucked away in the corner of a building that houses 5-6k people during the week, and I maybe see 20 people since they hide us away.

You can tell who has tattoos at my store really easily when it's summer. Motherfuckers like me wearing long sleeves in fucking 90 degree weather.

Same thing. Had to take my 00 out to get a bank job and when we have casual Friday everyone gets to wear a nice Polo...not me

Same thing. Had to take my 00 out to get a bank job and when we have casual Friday everyone gets to wear a nice Polo...not me

I has 2g for a long time, but took them out for an interview and they shrank a ton in a day, so I never put anything back in. I hate polos, they are the worst shirts ever.

There was a really cool post on reddit yesterday that showed people covered in tattoos dressed to covered them up and then in just underwear. Pretty crazy how hard it is to tell.

If you ever see me wearing a polo please call the police because something is seriously wrong and I am most likely in danger.

Same. Polos are the worst. My mom tried to get me some for Christmas, and I just laughed and said please don't. I'd rather wear my long sleeve button down any day of the week.

If you ever see me wearing a polo please call the police because something is seriously wrong and I am most likely in danger.

Sometimes in my line of business, a Polo would be nice instead of a tie and long sleeve button. Especially in the summer when it gets 100 degrees. But honestly I don't mind looking dapper all the time in a long sleeve/tie

The ONLY good thing about working Saturdays, is I wear whatever the fuck I want. I miss being able to do that every day, like at my old job.

I worked at a grocery store where everyone was covered head to toe in tattoos and had stretched ears and shit. I could wear jeans and a t-shirt, which was basically the best. Too bad that place sucked in every other regard.

Used to be at my job I could wear whatever. Now we have to wear the "official store polo" and it's the worrrrsssst

I worked at a grocery store where everyone was covered head to toe in tattoos and had stretched ears and shit. I could wear jeans and a t-shirt, which was basically the best. Too bad that place sucked in every other regard.

Used to be at my job I could wear whatever. Now we have to wear the "official store polo" and it's the worrrrsssst

This is the real reason for your polo hate

I have a AAA polo they tried to make us wear, and I just laughed and asked how they would enforce it since I worked at night when everyone was already gone. My boss just said, I don't know or care, just don't let the president see you without it. No one wore them, so they got rid of that policy quick.

I will walk out if they tell me to cut my hair, since I'm growing it out again. I've already gotten some comments on it being long, and it's not even as long as it was when I was hired.

Haha, ruining it FOR THE BETTER!  I think a lax work environment is real common in younger tech companies.

It seems to be. I need to find a job with an actual tech company, not tech at a old as hell company that is set in their ways.

It seems to be. I need to find a job with an actual tech company, not tech at a old as hell company that is set in their ways.

I'm guessing that a nice change for a few reasons :)

Edit : Also, I don't mind polo shirts.  I don't think I would like having to wear one every day though.

I really want to stretch my ears to a 2g or 0g :(

My girlfriend just went from 2 to 0 and is going to 00. I'm super jealous. She works for the fucking government and has 100% freedom when it comes to her appearance. I work in a deli in a store that takes cues from fucking Nazi Germany.

I miss my 1.25 inch plugs because they were soooo pretty and shit, but I don't at the same time because of the cost of jewelry... I could easily drop nearly $100 on a pair of plugs back in day. Now I have a box full of high priced stuff I can't wear anymore :(

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic