Would be so weird... so them for years at Stalag 13 and the Killtime in Philly. I couldn't see them on a huge stage.

I'll never know why that venue's stage was so high. Saw BTBAM, Shai Hulud, Fear Before, CTTS, The Red Chord, PTW, Thursday, Cephalic Carnage, and a bunch of others there. They only hosted those types of shows for like 3 months. I stage dived at least 10 times. It was always a terrifying and terrible idea.

Place only held like 300 people.

I'll never know why that venue's stage was so high. Saw BTBAM, Shai Hulud, Fear Before, CTTS, The Red Chord, PTW, Thursday, Cephalic Carnage, and a bunch of others there. They only hosted those types of shows for like 3 months. I stage dived at least 10 times. It was always a terrifying and terrible idea.

Place only held like 300 people.

Haha wow... that's real weird.

I never liked Tear from the Red. I liked Grain of Salt, Opposite..., and You Come Before You though.

Versions has one song that I love... Nagina... the rhythm and slide guitar kill me

Versions and Tropic Rot were both just ok to me.  I don't dislike them, but something is lacking (Derek maybe?).

That's the worst. I hate when you shovel for an hour, take a break for a bit, and go back out and see your progress completely covered up. I guess it's better to shovel a few inches of snow a few times, than a foot all at once though.

Losing power is rough.  I recently got a UPS for my router/cable modem, so I will have 3-4 hours of internet in the event of any power outages :)

Unless the outage causes issues with your ISP :P. I've honestly been debating that too, after coming home last year to know power a few times in one week. Thankfully cellphones still worked, so was not too bored, just wasted data for an hour.

Losing power is rough. I recently got a UPS for my router/cable modem, so I will have 3-4 hours of internet in the event of any power outages :)

We're thinking alike. I did the same.

When the power when out when I was living in Richmond we hooked up a gas generator to run Internet to watch Netflix. Haha. It was awesome. Loud, but awesome.

Unless the outage causes issues with your ISP :P. I've honestly been debating that too, after coming home last year to know power a few times in one week. Thankfully cellphones still worked, so was not too bored, just wasted data for an hour.

True!  I would imagine most ISPs have redundant power though :)

Gas generators are expensive, but I keep meaning to buy one for my dad since he needs one for his expensive ass saltwater aquariums. Every time the power goes out at my parents, he bitches and yells and manually turns water over so his fish don't die. He always talks about buying one, but never does. Cost seems small compared to loosing thousands in dead fish and coral.

Fuck, this is tempting to use as an audio player to my DAC.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856501011

True!  I would imagine most ISPs have redundant power though :)

One would hope, but it is an ISP, they like to make people's lives more difficult and annoying for no reason.

Edit: What UPS are you using?

One would hope, but it is an ISP, they like to make people's lives more difficult and annoying for no reason.

Edit: What UPS are you using?

Haha, good point.  I've never considered any ISP I've had to be competent either!

I got this one, it was on sale for $20 a while back.  It was too good of a price to pass up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NTQYUA8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

Hell, even for the price it is now, it's a good deal. I might need to grab one too, just for my router and modem. Too bad my laptop sucks, and only gets 45 minutes of charge on the battery, on a good day.

Gas generators are expensive, but I keep meaning to buy one for my dad since he needs one for his expensive ass saltwater aquariums. Every time the power goes out at my parents, he bitches and yells and manually turns water over so his fish don't die. He always talks about buying one, but never does. Cost seems small compared to loosing thousands in dead fish and coral.

Fuck, this is tempting to use as an audio player to my DAC.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856501011

Imagine how many FLAC albums you could fit on there. ;)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic