I want to be at home, warm and listening to records. The heat is turned off here on Saturdays, well turned way down anyway. It's 58F, and I have on a hoodie and a thermal and I'm still freezing. I usually don't get cold very easily either.

It's kinda chilly in my apartment. But this robe is so plush and warm. Spinning some Kidcrash and brewing a second pot of coffee. Only bummer about today is my girlfriend is working from 10am to midnight.

Holy shit, that is a long day. I would go insane working that long.

Holy shit, that is a long day. I would go insane working that long.

She's working three shifts across two jobs. A 3 hour shift, a 5 hour shift, and a 5.5 hour shift. So she doesn't actually get any breaks during those shifts. She has about 20 minutes to eat in between the 2nd and 3rd shift. I don't know how she does it, but she does this 3 days a week. The other 3 days a week (sometimes 4) she works 10am-1pm and then 630pm-midnight.

I would last half a week doing that.

She's working three shifts across two jobs. A 3 hour shift, a 5 hour shift, and a 5.5 hour shift. So she doesn't actually get any breaks during those shifts. She has about 20 minutes to eat in between the 2nd and 3rd shift. I don't know how she does it, but she does this 3 days a week. The other 3 days a week (sometimes 4) she works 10am-1pm and then 630pm-midnight.

Fuck that. No one should have to work that much. I understand sometimes you have to to survive, but that's the problem. No one should have to work their life away just to scrap by.

Fuck that. No one should have to work that much. I understand sometimes you have to to survive, but that's the problem. No one should have to work their life away just to scrap by.

That's what America has become for most people. It's fucked up, but the baby boomers ruined the country. Fucking jazzdads.

Her 2nd job is part time and temporary. It's mostly so we can save for vacation and pay off some debt. Also, so we can buy stuff like bathrobes and HOPEFULLY some tattoos later this year.

That's what America has become for most people. It's fucked up, but the baby boomers ruined the country. Fucking jazzdads.

Her 2nd job is part time and temporary. It's mostly so we can save for vacation and pay off some debt. Also, so we can buy stuff like bathrobes and HOPEFULLY some tattoos later this year.

Pretty much America in a nutshell. I'd rather be poor than work my life away. I got really lucky that this job pays a livable wage, so I don't have to work about it, but I was in the same position before. As long as it does not drive her/you guys insane, and it helps you achieve something, go for it. It's just fucked up anyone has to do that. Fucking babyboomers and jazzdads. No one should have to work more than 40 hours a week, and even that is too much in my opinion. 40 is still working most of your life away.

This guy on reddit is still sending me messages. All because I didn't log int for a day to see his offer. I don't even know what this means.

"You bugged out 20 min after making a post and getting the offer"

Gah that fucking sucks...

So the glitter/blue was actually pretty easy to wash out with my beard wash...surprisingly.

So the glitter/blue was actually pretty easy to wash out with my beard wash...surprisingly.

That is surprising, since glitter seems to get everywhere no matter how little you use.

Pretty much America in a nutshell. I'd rather be poor than work my life away. I got really lucky that this job pays a livable wage, so I don't have to work about it, but I was in the same position before. As long as it does not drive her/you guys insane, and it helps you achieve something, go for it. It's just fucked up anyone has to do that. Fucking babyboomers and jazzdads. No one should have to work more than 40 hours a week, and even that is too much in my opinion. 40 is still working most of your life away.

What pisses me off is that with the economy as bad as it is employeers can really fuck their employees. I'm not allowed to have visible tattoos or piercings and I had a manager tell me I couldn't have the little pink/purple streak in my hair. Making enough money to not starve shouldn't come at the expense of your personal freedoms. My entire appearance is controlled by what I do for 37.5 hours a week.

What pisses me off is that with the economy as bad as it is employeers can really fuck their employees. I'm not allowed to have visible tattoos or piercings and I had a manager tell me I couldn't have the little pink/purple streak in my hair. Making enough money to not starve shouldn't come at the expense of your personal freedoms. My entire appearance is controlled by what I do for 37.5 hours a week.

Exactly. I don't understand why employers care. It's 2016, get over your shitty conservative view on how people should look. Do you want me to wear a suit to a job where I sit and talk on the phone all day now too? The shitty economy makes employers worse for paying people too. A job offers minimum wage, then when you complain or ask for more you get the "at least you have a job in this economoy" bullshit. It's such a fucking cop out. Talking about this shit always pisses me off.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic