Does anyone here ride motorcycles?

tokimedo

I know, a lot of people around here think they are lame or dangerous. but to each their own. i ride responsibly and with a helmet always. 

just missing summer and long night rides, and was wondering if anybody else here on VC has a bike? if so, post pics!

heres mine..

tumblr_mfoxsxSWqV1qzz0kho1_500.png

tumblr_mfoy9qTBtO1qzz0kho1_500.png

faith, what colour is your ninja? assuming its your first bike? i rode my friends ninja 500, and after riding my bike, honestly felt like i was riding a scooter. it felt so odd. 

people say im dumb for starting off with a 900cc bike, but i think its actually smart cause when im ready to upgrade im already there.

i will pass this bike down to my children though. its my first and i will NEVER sell it. 

Nice Thruxton dude! I've got a triumph also, only it's a Speed Triple. 2010, the last year of the classic body style. I'll throe some pics up later.

And anyone who says you're dumb for getting a 900 doesn't know what they're talking about. And I can day that honrstly because I also learned to ride on a 250. However I feel safer on my current bike. The 250, though very easy to learn how to ride, was very light and nimble. My current bike, even though it's a 1050cc beast, is very solid and stable. Obviously it's faster, but if you don't respect the power that is your fault, not the bike's.

I'd like to, but I just don't want to take a 4 weekend class or whatever it is in Michigan to get your license.

I'd never take one on the freeway. I know that people do it all the time and nothing ever happens to them but no matter how safe and careful you are, the road is full of dumbasses and 16 year olds texting about who they are taking to prom. Would rather not be going 75 when someone eventually runs into me.

Nice Thruxton dude! I've got a triumph also, only it's a Speed Triple. 2010, the last year of the classic body style. I'll throe some pics up later.

And anyone who says you're dumb for getting a 900 doesn't know what they're talking about. And I can day that honrstly because I also learned to ride on a 250. However I feel safer on my current bike. The 250, though very easy to learn how to ride, was very light and nimble. My current bike, even though it's a 1050cc beast, is very solid and stable. Obviously it's faster, but if you don't respect the power that is your fault, not the bike's.

thanks man. mine is a 2008, the last year they had carbs before they switched over to fuel injection. i bought it with like only 4600 miles on it.

and yeah, its all about respecting the power of the bike which people abuse and is their ultimate demise. 

• 1 month later...

I know, a lot of people around here think they are lame or dangerous. but to each their own. i ride responsibly and with a helmet always. 

just missing summer and long night rides, and was wondering if anybody else here on VC has a bike? if so, post pics!

heres mine..

tumblr_mfoxsxSWqV1qzz0kho1_500.png

tumblr_mfoy9qTBtO1qzz0kho1_500.png

Love the Thruxtons. I had a Bonneville and loved it. I wish they had metal mirrors and lights instead of plastic though. Always seemed cheap to me.