I Need Hangover Remedies

I was away from base camp at a wedding, usually if I'm blasted I'll eat a gnarly ass burrito and that helps absorb the booze. I just sucked it up, felt better in the afternoon. I should of had a water between drinks, but it was open bar so I was gettin' lose.

Next time I'll get some pedialyte (sp).

I've heard the cactus juice before drinking tip but I have no idea where to get it.

Bacon.

I'm surprised this took so long to be suggested.There is genuinely science behind why a bacon sandwich works wonders (amino acids in bacon help repair any damage alcohol caused and the bread helps soak up the booze). Plus the taste and smell is enough to brighten the worst of moods.

Try to hold it down though.

I normally just have a bottle of diluted squash and some painkillers ready for when I wake up; I find squash really helps if I'm feeling a bit nauseous, dunno why! If it's a seriously bad hangover and I can't leave the bed, I normally whack on a fairly uncomplicated film and try to take my mind off how awful I feel.

You are right and wrong. Yes, the main problem with a hangover is that you are dehydrated. There are other problems as well. Read the wikipedia on hangovers for more. Short answer, it fucks up a lot of your bodies systems.

You telling me you have never been in that situation where you wake up with a lot of undigested beer in your system, and you feel like you are going to throw up, fight it back, eventually it comes up anyways, and then afterwards you go "damn, I feel so much better. Should have just thrown up and gotten it over with"? And drinking a ton of water or gatorade just kinda dilutes it and takes longer for it to get through your system, or ends up coming up when you do hurl. I definitely have been there.

If you digested it all and the problem is mainly just dehydration so you try and hurl and little or nothing comes up, yeah, just focusing on the hydration aspect of it. I think for a really extreme hangover (like 21st birthday bad) maybe the best answer might be hurl and then pedialyte. Get whats left of the bad stuff out then rapidly hydrate.

Knowing that you have really overdone it and hurling before you pass out for the night, then chugging water/gatorade/pedialyte might be another option. Not always possible though, depending on location and company.

I've actually never woken up and wanting to hurl.  I've woken up feeling like I want to die though, which seems pretty awful as well.  

In response to Ronnie and Manandy's posts, wikipedia has a link to a scientifically conducted experiment that suggests 25% of people are resistant to hangover symptoms. Not sure if this all or nothing, or if it is possible to be resistant to some symptoms, but you guys might be on the lucky side.

As for bacon sandwich, there seems to be some evidence:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/5118283/Bacon-sandwich-really-does-cure-a-hangover.html

I'm not really sold, though. This kinda seems like bro-science to me. Anyone who really works out knows that protein synthesis from amino acids takes a long time (a really hard workout will make you feel tired for days. It's not like you eat some protein and an hour later your body is repaired). Damage caused by alcohol probably shouldn't be any different. The only thing I am buying from this is "eat some good fatty comfort food and you will feel better, even if the hangover symptoms aren't alleviated."

Didn't really drink all the much last night, but I was drunk for sure. Got dropped off around 2, went to toss our small cooler (kinda looks like a lunch bag thing) to my wife and ended up smashing the back widow out of my car. Ugh!

Work up, ate some food, and puked. So far 2013 has been awful. Getting a new back window in my car tomorrow, most likely going to cost around $500. Fuck my life.

I had the most depressing night. Woke up, wallowed, went to petsmart to stare at the cats and then went and watched the hobbit alone. I gave myself one day to be a miserable asshole, and that's how I spent it.

Man up, develop a tolerance, get completely shit faced and wake up perfectly fine in the morning. Has worked fine for me. I have yet to ever experience this phenomenon you guys call a "hangover".

Wow dude, I bet you can slam like 2 Mai Tais and an MGD 64 and still make it to your 10AM Candle Flow class.

Manned all the way up.

Oh man so true, I just smell a Bud Light Lime and I'm completely wasted.  Throw up for a hour, pass out.  Wake up feeling like death with a splitting headache.  

But yea, I can't explain it.  We're all different, alcohol doesn't effect everyone the same. 

What scares me is you know what a candle flow class is.  :D