So my wife bought us a WiiU....

not sure yet.

game pad had to charge for two hours, then a one hour update, then account making and mii making...

haven't even got around to a game yet, but i'm pretty fascinated at how the whole thing works.

besides, it's nintendo, bro.

how can you bring home a brand new nintendo ANYTHING and not play with it ASAP?

besides, it's nintendo, bro.

how can you bring home a brand new nintendo ANYTHING and not play with it ASAP?

Seriously. I'm mostly just waiting for the new Super Smash to justify the price. That is the only game I will still be playing in five years.

Been insanely busy with work, parenting, volunteering and working on a new opportunity. My hobbies are barely getting the attention they deserve already. That unopened Nintendo was a daily reminder that I'm teetering on the precipice of fully understanding my parents and it was easier to return the damn thing than cut my parents too much slack for my years of teenage angst. 

I picked it up at launch, and after plowing through mario bros, its just sat and collected dust. A couple good games on it, but nothing i didnt have on another console first. Been meaning to pick up zombiU, definitely looks like a unique experience, waiting for it to hit the 30-40$ mark though.

I wanna play the shit out of that Lego game.

Also Mario in hi def is incredible. I can't get over how good that game looks.

You know they didn't even fully use the WiiU's capabilities while making that game, it only plays in 720p. They came out and said just wait to see how good the next one looks...

Not a WiiU, but I did get a 3DS XL for Christmas and I'm enjoying it so far.  It came with Mario Kart and I pretty much have it beat.  It seems a bit easier than some of the other Mario Kart games I've played.  Got Resident Evil: Revelations today but haven't played it enough to form an opinion yet.

the idea of a new HD mario galaxy stokes the crap out of me.

also a new zelda or metroid will be amazing on this i'm sure.

i played a little nintendoland and a little numb, both tons of fun.

the mario does look great in HD even if it isn't full 1080p.

also controlling my tv with the touchpad, and being able to watch netflix on it with the little mount is sweet.

will give me something to do while cooking dinner besides pissing off the kids with my records.

my mom bought me an original wii when it came out years ago, to this day i've played it a total of ten times

I won one in a raffle a few years ago, played Mario Kart for a day or two, and it collected dust for the next 2 years until I finally gave it to my brother. I used to love my old Nintendo consoles, but the Wii and WiiU haven't appealed to me at all.