The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I'm not going to cancel my order (even though I probably should) with Mondo only because they were (and always are) generous enough to make an effort to answer my inquiries.  I think I'd be a douche if I cancelled my order with them due to the fact that it's more likely I'll be getting black vinyl copies (and I could now save $7 in shipping by buying through Amoeba and will probably receive my copies faster as well), considering I was the one to have asked (and receive) that information from them.  

I wanted to cancel (and should have) when the splatter was announced. I could have just got one from Andrew and been done with this all.

Edit: DJQ - I hear you man. I don't like it any more than you do. I figure... I played catch up on the first ~10 releases. It's about time I slack off for a bit and have somethign to go after again in the future if I miss a couple vars.

F5ing on release day and buying 2 copies of everything and then waiting weeks and weeks and watching everyone who ordered 1 or ordered it somewhere else get their's first....

Just not worth it.

Here's a response from Mondo regarding the Orange vinyl situation...  Some of you guys (myself included) who are still waiting for your Mondo orders might not be too excited about this???  At least now we know for a fact that Mondo has no idea which colors are which.  And this also clearly answers the huge debate we had with probabilities and such a month ago!!!

They are truly random to us so its impossible to know until they are opened up. 

All the best,

Justin 

Sincerely,

Mondo Tees

They know. 

Who would have thought that buying direct would actually be the biggest pain in the ass. 

That's how Mondo works, Timecrimes was SHOCKINGLY delivered in their actual shipping window and I received my variant copy before any local store got it

My local store has like 8-9 copies of Halloween yet people are still waiting for their shipment from Mondo, this is why I didn't purchase from Mondo this time, plus they shipped most of their variants to the stores lol

EDIT:  Ok, I'm a douche.  I went ahead and cancelled my Mondo order but mainly for the reason that my VB I was helping out is ok with a cancellation. They can save a few bucks, have a better chance securing a variant and cut a few days off shipping time by ordering online elsewhere.  I've already got the splatter variant (it arrived today, thanks again Andrew, you da man!) so I really don't need 2 copies of the same OST anyways.

Though, if it were just my single copy still sitting in limbo, I probably wouldn't have cancelled it due to the reasons I stated previously so there's my pathetic excuse, haha!

This store is having a 30% off vinyl sale on Black Friday and has the Halloween OST listed as a preorder item.  They're not 100% reliable but hell, it's not like the Halloween OST is soldout on Mondo's website or anything...

http://www.gohastings.com/product/POPMUSIC/Halloween/sku/292940010.uts#.UpPTo9JDuSo

SRC's also got 15% off POs going on today - same disclaimer as above , but it's there if you wanna save a few bucks. I'm hoping mondo wil lcancel my order and then I can just wait for the splatter drop.

You cancelled way before me and mine got cancelled almost instantly after sending the email request.  Weird.

They never respond to me. I can feel a "we already sent it today here's your tracking # *snicker*" coming.

I wonder since people get their vinyl even though their website order status isn't updated, if they would actually send your copies and give you a refund???  It's definitely happened to me before where I've gotten my record even though my order status was still marked as "new".

Not sure, I have always seen mine change to "Processing" and then "Shipped". We will find out. If that's the case I am sure they will let me know, and not refund me.

I won't blame them, I should have cancelled when I wanted to last week. I just couldn't convince myself. Now it's obvious that I should have.

Not sure, I have always seen mine change to "Processing" and then "Shipped". We will find out. If that's the case I am sure they will let me know, and not refund me.

I won't blame them, I should have cancelled when I wanted to last week. I just couldn't convince myself. Now it's obvious that I should have.

I reminded them that they need to give their customers some sort of incentive for ordering through them.  If we are gonna pay $7 for shipping, they either need to include an exclusive bonus or get us the records before retail outlets get them because amazon and amoeba are always free shipping and the same retail price as Mondo's online store.

I'll pay the extra $7 to guarantee my copy but if they're not getting copies shipped out and a cheaper alternative exists elsewhere, people are always going to try and save themselves some money.