The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

My (un)luck continues. 9 mondo releases and 0 variants.

Damn. Borderline cursed.

I've only ordered Deadly Spawn, Poltergeist, Oblivion and Halloween direct from Mondo. Of those, only Poltergeist was a variant. Oblivion was guaranteed to be clear vinyl.

Just got shipping confirmation for Halloween now. I want to get black for this release. I think it'll look great with the artwork.

My (un)luck continues. 9 mondo releases and 0 variants.

Wow, that sucks. I've had ok luck (drive, maniac, redemption, time crimes), rest I had to get after market. Local store was good to me for Halloween

I really wish they'd make every release like oblivion, variant on their website, black elsewhere

Wow, that sucks. I've had ok luck (drive, maniac, redemption, time crimes), rest I had to get after market. Local store was good to me for Halloween

I really wish they'd make every release like oblivion, variant on their website, black elsewhere

To me, it's so clear the obvious answer is to do things this way.

How many cancelations do you think Mondo would have had over the past couple days if their website was the exclusive carrier of the limited orange variant? My guess? Close to none.

You can? How?

Well I can't exactly guarantee. All I know is that I was big into the Mondo thing from the start and was constantly buying 4-6 copies of releases when they still only charged shipping once. I never once received more than one of the colored variants (and most importantly I have never heard of anyone else receiving multiple colored variants with bulk purchases). Not only that, but the color was always either on the top or the bottom and often facing a different direction then the other 3-5. I know it's all speculation but the signs are more than significant that they know. I highly doubt the workers at the pressing plants specifically mix these all up after they are done just to keep it more mysterious.

I stopped buying Mondo after I just had the most terrible experience trying to get a pink copy of Drive. This randomly inserted crap is absolutely genius from a business standpoint and absolutely obnoxious from a collector's standpoint. Just saying.

They do make an awesome product though.

I think it is reasonable to assume that all the variants are pressed at once.  Seems weird to have different colored biscuits all mixed together.  So if they are all pressed at once, it stands to reason that they are all packaged up at once put into boxes together and shipped off to Mondo.  And maybe all the variants were pressed first.  I can't say for sure how the Mondo shippers select copies for shipping but if all they have are boxes of variants, then that's all they'd be shipping out.  And maybe they figure that if people ordered more than one copy, they only want to ship one variant max in each order so they wait until they get the non-variants in and then mix those in with the variants for orders with multiple copies.  For orders of 1 copy, they just ship out what they have which is the variant.

Just pure speculation on my part but I agree that it is probably not completely random.  Did anyone who ordered just 1 copy from them get black?

I think it is reasonable to assume that all the variants are pressed at once. Seems weird to have different colored biscuits all mixed together. So if they are all pressed at once, it stands to reason that they are all packaged up at once put into boxes together and shipped off to Mondo. And maybe all the variants were pressed first. I can't say for sure how the Mondo shippers select copies for shipping but if all they have are boxes of variants, then that's all they'd be shipping out. And maybe they figure that if people ordered more than one copy, they only want to ship one variant max in each order so they wait until they get the non-variants in and then mix those in with the variants for orders with multiple copies. For orders of 1 copy, they just ship out what they have which is the variant.

Just pure speculation on my part but I agree that it is probably not completely random. Did anyone who ordered just 1 copy from them get black?

I ordered very shortly after they went up and received a black. One copy ordered.

I would say they get the records from the plant in boxes labeled with what colour is in each. Like they get a palate of 3000 black, and then another seperate palate of 1000 orange, and they are able to know which is which by which palate it comes on. Then they just randomly throw them in orders.

Anyway, got my amazon copy in today --- black.

Was really hoping for orange so if someone got orange and wants black, let me know.

I would say they get the records from the plant in boxes labeled with what colour is in each. Like they get a palate of 3000 black, and then another seperate palate of 1000 orange, and they are able to know which is which by which palate it comes on. Then they just randomly throw them in orders.

Anyway, got my amazon copy in today --- black.

Was really hoping for orange so if someone got orange and wants black, let me know.

This is correct.

I never once received more than one of the colored variants (and most importantly I have never heard of anyone else receiving multiple colored variants with bulk purchases).

You have now! My bulk orders are almost always consistently 1/2 variant and 1/2 black. One time I even got 3 variants and only one black.

I'm gonna have to side with random insertion. Seems like a waste of precious time having their shipping dept worry about splitting up bulk orders/pulling from seperate piles. But hey, maybe THATS where the shipping delays come from! ;)

My order was placed before the Tweet went out. Another fair thing to do would be to pack in the order an order was placed.

Agree 100%..You'd think that'd be a great starting point, for any business to send out orders in  the order they were placed. And its a crime that local shops & retailers like Amazon are sending out orders while people who ordered Directly from MONDO haven't even got a shipping notification yet? Crazy. That's a good way for people to stop giving a shit (as you can see that slowly happening here.)

I did finally get my shipping Notification late yesterday afternoon. 

Agree 100%..You'd think that'd be a great starting point, for any business to send out orders in the order they were placed. And its a crime that local shops & retailers like Amazon are sending out orders while people who ordered Directly from MONDO haven't even got a shipping notification yet? Crazy. That's a good way for people to stop giving a shit (as you can see that slowly happening here.)

I did finally get my shipping Notification late yesterday afternoon.

I definitely still give the same shit as I did when i first started buying their vinyl. If they put together a good release Im gonna buy it. I never had any motivation to keep a complete Mondo collection or anything though so if there was something I didn't care for, I didn't buy it.

Im pretty patient too when it comes to pre-orders though if Im gonna save $7 in shipping costs (and get it delivered sooner) somewhere else, it only makes sense to cancel the original order.

That's the beauty of it

I can't tell the difference between A1 and B1 haha. I thought for the entirety of the song that my A side and B side were the same

I love it but am honestly wondering when I will hear it too many times and just go mad.