The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

they do make more profit on shipping one than multiple. not much, but it adds up pretty fast on thousands of copies.

True but That's only assuming they all sellout. Adding extra inventory to their business is never a good thing, which is obviously a rare instance for them but in this case is accurate.

Cool.  That's what I did last night.  I'll give them till noon and hit them up again.

I already got my Amazon order and nary a word from Mondo on the 2 I ordered from them.  Fuck that noise.  They must have pressed a shit ton of these compared to their regular pressing numbers because normally it is hit or miss if Amazon or my local stores even get copies of their releases.

I think there's been a pretty big buildup to this, and the number of things that went "wrong" with this release is finally moving some people (myself included) to action (albeit small.)

1. Didn't release Halloween until AFTER Halloween

2. Pressed SO MANY (not necessarily bad)

3. Sold a ton of what we all thought was the only option (Black or random orange)

4. Announced event exclusive cooler variant with guaranteed splatter.

5. shipped to distros and stores way before customers

6. shipped a crazy number of vars in the first couple individual and bulk orders.

7. left people who ordered in the first minute of day 1 PO hanging until the final days of November.

You all know this, I'm just typing it out for my own sake. I know I'll buy a splatter if they put them up for sale. But I am VERY happy that I cancelled my 2x random inserts.

Haha I'm not mad, just tired of being jerked around. I think my order history shows I've given about $300 to Mondo in the past couple of months. And I looked at that number and thought for a minute about how annoying it has been to give that much money to them and how unrewarding it has felt.

As for 6 being good, it would be good if the first they shipped were to the ones who ordered first! unfortunately tis not the case.

Anyway, I'm not taking too strong a stance with it because I fully recognize that I'm going to keep giving them money, I'm just going to be more reserved about it.

Got my splatter copy last night, so thanks to andrewlucas! still haven't opened it so I can't comment on the color. I was thinking of cancelling my order since I ordered 2 and still haven't gotten a shipping notification, but orange is my favorite color, and I don't have a solid orange record, and I want both covers and all variants of Mondo records, so.....

sent Mondo an email last week to see if my Halloween order had shipped. no reply.

sent an email yesterday asking to please cancel my order. no reply.

sent another cancellation request through their website contact form this morning. no reply.

and now i get shipping confirmation. these guys.

Same thing for me.  I got my shipping confirm from Amazon this weekend.  I sent Mondo a cancellation request yesterday.  Nothing.

My copy from Amazon arrived today.  I sent Mondo another cancellation request this afternoon.  Nothing.

I checked the status and now it says "Shipped".

Fuck you Mondo!

I only ordered from Amazon as a backup in case Mondo oversold it for some reason and was planning on cancelling it as soon as I got my copies from Mondo because of course they would ship it to people who ordered it on Day 1 from their website before shipping to vendors, right?

For all those who requested a cancellation before their item shipped: I'd say its a pretty safe bet that Mondo will allow you to return the item for a refund once it arrives. If you technically put in the request before shipment, I don't see how they could deny you. But hey, it's Mondo so I guess you never know...

For all those who requested a cancellation before their item shipped: I'd say its a pretty safe bet that Mondo will allow you to return the item for a refund once it arrives. If you technically put in the request before shipment, I don't see how they could deny you. But hey, it's Mondo so I guess you never know...

yeah, finally got a reply from them a couple minutes ago:

"I apologize that we are just now seeing this request. We were all working to get the last of these Halloween orders out the door before the end of the day. Your order has already shipped I'm afraid. If you still wish to cancel your order after you receive it please let me know and we will get you sorted out."

No response on my cancelation message. But now my order is processing. So I sent another message. If they ship I'm thinking I'm going to send them back. I got the splatter in today( thanks Andrew) and one from best buy today. Non sense that I have gotten two from two completely difference sources. Instead of the one I order direct within a few minutes tops of it being out up for sale.