The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Hey timbr, if you want to help out, hook a brother up with those drop tips.

I hope you didn't have to go to high on that Horkey bird. I'm not a fat bird fan but that thing was awesome.

Unfortunately I went high ($100 over original cost, shipped)... Oh well, right around where the first couple have sold. Just been seeing a lot of people ISO these so I didn't wanna take a gamble that these would drop on the aftermarket. My first fat bird but I know people are typically pretty rabid for these things and I'm rabid for birds with helmets :P

Not necessarily. Took em forever to get all the likeness rights just so they could get a Stout put together. That Stout print has been rumored for YEARS.

Exactly, rumored for years, and now we have seen it. So if they were working on a poster and probably have the idea of a vinyl, why wouldn't they have been working on that too? But that's just my point of view. Not need for a debate

Exactly, rumored for years, and now we have seen it. So if they were working on a poster and probably have the idea of a vinyl, why wouldn't they have been working on that too? But that's just my point of view. Not need for a debate

You asked a question and he gave a very fair response, which is why this post makes not one vinyl of sense to his reply :P

It is possible. Just trying to point out that the licenses for the artwork and the licenses for the soundtrack can be 2 very different things. I haven't seen Goonies in decades, is the soundtrack all Orchestra music or is it filled with 80s pop music? If there's a bunch of different artists involved in the soundtrack, it could get tricky.

Not sure why you would wanna waste your time burning any bridges with me since I've never once said anything negative to you but I guess whatever makes you sleep better at night? Carry on...

I sleep well at night knowing I don't associate with scum like you.

You asked a question and he gave a very fair response, which is why this post makes not one vinyl of sense to his reply :P

So my view of them most likely working on a poster and vinyl at the same time makes no sense to his response of saying otherwise...Um ok.

It is possible. Just trying to point out that the licenses for the artwork and the licenses for the soundtrack can be 2 very different things. I haven't seen Goonies in decades, is the soundtrack all Orchestra music or is it filled with 80s pop music? If there's a bunch of different artists involved in the soundtrack, it could get tricky.

Right...so why wouldn't they have been working all this time on the licenses for that reason IF the do plan on a doing a vinyl release...

So my view of them most likely working on a poster and vinyl at the same time makes no sense to his response of saying otherwise...Um ok.

Right...so why wouldn't they have been working all this time on the licenses for that reason IF the do plan on a doing a vinyl release...

They don't release all of their movie prints as soundtracks. In fact, the vast minority of their movie prints become album art for their records. Mondo has had a poster license for Goonies for quite awhile now so a new Mondo Goonies print isn't something that has come completely out of left field.

It might happen, I just wouldn't expect that it is going to happen.

They don't release all of their movie prints as soundtracks. In fact, the vast minority of their movie prints become album art for their records.

It might happen, I just wouldn't expect that it is going to happen.

Yea, I get that and I was just thinking curiously out loud. Could be a cool release IMO. I'm not saying it's going to happen.

Yea, I get that and I was just thinking curiously out loud. Could be a cool release IMO. I'm not saying it's going to happen.

I haven't heard much about the Mondo panel today but I do know they debuted the colors for the reg Goonies edition that I'm guessing will be dropping online shortly. Haven't read anything of them announcing it as an OST though, kinda figured if it were in the plans, they would have used the panel to announce it today. Just my 2 cents though.

That said, we all know Mondo. If it's possible and they can make money off of it, it's definitely never gonna be off the table. Stout and Goonies are 2 pretty popular commodities.

I want to know what was announced at the panel. Anyone?

To get this back on track and the bullshit cleared up, to piggyback on homies question, what else could they release? Specifically next year at Mondocon? There are still some big cult movies out there. I'd like to see a proper Ghostbusters release...but not for the new bullshit coming out.

To get this back on track and the bullshit cleared up, to piggyback on homies question, what else could they release? Specifically next year at Mondocon? There are still some big cult movies out there. I'd like to see a proper Ghostbusters release...but not for the new bullshit coming out.

Gallery 1988 got the Ghostbusters license from the anniversary last year. Not sure the details on how long that lasts and how exclusive that license is though.