The bulk of the hotels are either downtown or out by the airports. Just make sure you can still get to the CTA trains and you'll be fine. The aquarium gets crazy busy in the summer, like multiple hour waits just to get in the door. Go to the Field or the planetarium instead. I work at the planetarium, so I can get you free tickets, if you'd like. That's a standing offer for everybody else, too.

I WILL TAKE YOU UP ON THAT at some point this summer. I love the planetarium. 

The bulk of the hotels are either downtown or out by the airports. Just make sure you can still get to the CTA trains and you'll be fine. The aquarium gets crazy busy in the summer, like multiple hour waits just to get in the door. Go to the Field or the planetarium instead. I work at the planetarium, so I can get you free tickets, if you'd like. That's a standing offer for everybody else, too.

awesome thanks for the tips.  we are all booked with the hotel so i just need to map out our visit.  pretty sure we are going to spend a day out by the pier and then go north a bit by clark and belmont the other day.

thanks for all the help guys.

I WILL TAKE YOU UP ON THAT at some point this summer. I love the planetarium. 

Same here.

awesome thanks for the tips.  we are all booked with the hotel so i just need to map out our visit.  pretty sure we are going to spend a day out by the pier and then go north a bit by clark and belmont the other day.

thanks for all the help guys.

Hit us up if you want any other recommendations.  I'm always up for spreading Chicago love to some out of towners.  ;)

Hey does anyone know what's the status of the cumberland blue line station? Don't use the CTA much, and I'm looking at the website and it's a bit confusing. Will I be able to park at the station and get on the blue line?

I want to know because I'm going to the Modern Baseball show tonight and this would be the most convenient way for me and my friends to get there.

Hey does anyone know what's the status of the cumberland blue line station? Don't use the CTA much, and I'm looking at the website and it's a bit confusing. Will I be able to park at the station and get on the blue line?

I want to know because I'm going to the Modern Baseball show tonight and this would be the most convenient way for me and my friends to get there.

Where is the show at and where are you coming from?

I'm not sure how parking is at Cumberland, as I've never gone that far.  If you don't mind driving into the city, I've never had a problem parking near the California stop.  If you did that it would only be a couple stops to Damen.  Parking around Damen/Sub T almost always sucks.

After looking at the website a bit more I think I should be able to park and get on at cumberland. If I can't I'll take your advice and park near the California stop. I've never driven in the city much, but I could use the experience.

I'm originally from the burbs and when I was younger driving in the city was a nerveracking experience at first.  Now it's a piece of cake.  Traffic and parking is pretty smooth near california.  Plus Boiler Room is right by the California stop, and if you have never been there before I'd highly recommend going there for a PBJ (a giant Pizza slice, a tall boy PBR, and a shot of Jameson).

• 2 weeks later...