Hey all,

Myself and 3 other VCers are road tripping out to Chicago from Philly for the Into it. Over it. Record release show. We're staying right by wrigley. None of us have ever been to Chicago.

Are there any must see places / food places / etc.

We are doing a tour of wrigley, and I believe a goose island tour.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

A couple friends and I are coming up from Cincinnati. Staying in Wicker Park with some friends. I'm not sure about the pizza places other people have mentioned, but Piece is hands down my favorite. We'll go once or twice this weekend and I couldn't be more excited about it. Also hitting up the This Town Needs Guns show on Saturday.

A couple friends and I are coming up from Cincinnati. Staying in Wicker Park with some friends. I'm not sure about the pizza places other people have mentioned, but Piece is hands down my favorite. We'll go once or twice this weekend and I couldn't be more excited about it. Also hitting up the This Town Needs Guns show on Saturday.

Yo thanks for the recommendation. We will definitely hit this up! I'm not sure what our plans are for Saturday. We might just bar hop or something haha.

Hey guys, my friend Dylan is DJing at Emporium tonight at 10pm, should be fun. 

Here's a link to my comedy show on Monday at 6:30. It's 5$ Tell them you're there to see Kyle if you end up going. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/213314975510108/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Would appreciate anyone that can make it out. Means a lot to me. 

does anyone know the current status of Groovin' HIgh on Belmont? I haven't seen the place open in about 5 years, yet every time I pass by, it's still there...

The guy is financially independent, he doesn't have to work. I was in there once in the last three years and I mentioned how the store is never open and he said it's kind of a hobby. 

I walked by there once and there was a sign on the door that said 'closed due to curling' he was watching the olympics. lol

does anyone know the current status of Groovin' HIgh on Belmont? I haven't seen the place open in about 5 years, yet every time I pass by, it's still there...

he basically runs the store as a hobby. if he has family stuff or doesn't feel like coming in, he doesn't. which is a bummer. he's an awesome guy and we've sat together at shows and stuff. but he's always ran the store on his own, and i know he gets a bit overwhelmed during tax time and stuff. he also closes early when he goes to shows and stuff.

Last week I traded in a stack of records at Reckless, and the credit slip was $50 or so more than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised, but confused because there was nothing that great in the pile. I'd been checking their online system, to see if there was anything I missed, but I definitely got the last laugh. They credited me for the split color version of a Third Man live album instead of the unlimted black pressing, and I turned a nice trade profit on some clearance records I picked up from Magic Bullet and 86d Records. Anybody else have any recent "local steals"?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...