VC Fantasy Hockey League

I set up the league safe account if anyone wants to pay or we can wait till closer to the draft

im just waiting on a yes or no from pickrunner to see if he wants to return, so far he hasnt logged in since the 9th so he hasnt seen my message but hes gotten a couple emails from the league. If he doesnt respond by tomorrow im giving his spot to the next in line.

league is official at 10 teams. Here are the managers

Ian Rees - Jim Fox's Hair

Joe Dent Company Ink - Doc Emrick's Larynx

Mike T - ITS A HOCKEY NIGHT

onlettingjoe - onlettingjoe

smailtronic - Sputnik Nizhny Tagil

6heart6breaker6 - SwedishFish

mattsteelenj - Theo Fluery's Dealer
Blanchard Oswald  - Slight Blasphemy
sirrichardrichard - Knackered Meerkats

Parkinglot - Yak City Bitch

As of now the deadline to set your keepers is Friday September 27th. Still trying to figure out the logistics but right now you can select 4 players, that might change. The draft will be Monday September 30th at 6:30pst

Also for the wager i think it would be good to do $30 and have it split between 1st & 2nd 75%-25%, if everyone pays 1st place would win $225 & 2nd place would get $75. Unless everyone else wants to do it different.

My proposal for the draft/keepers:

1. Set up draft order based on record, worst record gets first pick, winner gets last pick, and snaking from there

2. designate who your players are as keepers, ranking 1 - 4, (or 1-2, 1-3, depending who you keep)

3. designated order of keeper will replace your picks for that keepers round (#1 keeper - 1st rd pick, #2 keeper - 2nd rd pick, #3 - 3rd rd pick, #4 - 4th rd pick)

4. if all teams keep 4 players the draft would start round 5, with the team with the worst record picking 1st, and snaking back from that

5. if there are teams keeping fewer than 4 players then that team would get to draft a player during the vacant round (if everyone keeps 4, but I keep 3, i'd get a pick in the 4th round then following step 3 for the draft (this is something i'd be willing to help Ian with setting up if he wants)

this then gives owners the opportunity to only keep 1, 2, 3 or 4 players, and getting a first shot at picking up the scraps that another owner doesnt want to keep and keeps the draft flowing.  I am fairly certain that yahoo draft can do this set up.  personally, i think im only keeping 3 players.

Hmm, the question is, does only keeping two or three give you a chance at picking up a player who is better than the other one or two you could've kept. Tough call for my team.

yep, and at the same time, if you've got four players you know are elite year in and year out, you know you can hold on to them. 

can you post the standings on here from last season so i can get it put together really quick?  I cant get on to yahoo

*1.   Doc Emrick's Larynx

*2.   SwedishFish

*3.   Jim Fox's Hair

*4.   ITS A HOCKEY NIGHT

*5.   Sputnik Nizhny Tagil

*6.   Theo Fluery's Dealer

7.   Jetsfan4ever80 - this is now Slight Blasphemy

8.   onlettingjoe

9.   Blow Jackets - this is now Yak City Bitch

10.   wlb733 - this is now Knackered Meerkats