VC Fantasy Hockey League

it was doc & swedishfish in the championship and me vs you in the bronze game

Screen-shot-2013-09-19-at-2.05.00-PM.png

i totally forgot i finish 2nd in regular season.

now that i look at the standing by points, the 7-10 spots need to be reorganized, they got resorted based on the consolation rounds

Screen-shot-2013-09-19-at-2.08.22-PM.png

this is what the draft order should be (reversed) unless anyone else disagrees..

playoff finish

*1.   Doc Emrick's Larynx

*2.   SwedishFish

*3.   Jim Fox's Hair

*4.   ITS A HOCKEY NIGHT

*5.   Sputnik Nizhny Tagil

*6.   Theo Fluery's Dealer

reg season points finish

7.   onlettingjoe

8.   wlb733 - this is now Knackered Meerkats

9.   Jetsfan4ever80 - this is now Slight Blasphemy

10.   Blow Jackets - this is now Yak City Bitch

should onlettingjoe get the 1st pick since they are the only returning player from the previous season in the bottom 4?

this is my opinion on what the draft order should be

1.   onlettingjoe
2.   Yak City Bitch (was  Blow Jackets)
3.   Slight Blasphemy (was Jetsfan4ever80)
4.   Knackered Meerkats (was wlb733)
5.   Theo Fluery's Dealer
6.   Sputnik Nizhny Tagil
7.   ITS A HOCKEY NIGHT
8.   Jim Fox's Hair
9.   SwedishFish
10.   Doc Emrick's Larynx

i think onlettingjoe should get the 1st pick since they are the only returning player from the previous season in the bottom 4 and then the rest is just sorted by reg season points/playoff finish and then each round will just snake back around.

i think onlettingjoe should get the 1st pick since they are the only returning player from the previous season in the bottom 4 and then the rest is just sorted by reg season points/playoff finish and then each round will just snake back around.

i'm pretty good with this. and $30 works for me as well. 

I think that editing after the fact changes the strategy of having keepers. It's also more work for the commissioner.

Also, with the snake in effect for the first rounds, it changes a lot. Depending on your position, you could be throwing away a great pick vs. keeping your 4th best. 

But for example, if I don't want to keep my goalie, I would be in pursuit of a better one. If I keep him and everyone lets theirs go, then I would be screwed. Or if I let him go and everyone keeps theirs, then it's a wasted pick that I would have to make. Is this just luck of the draw then? I just feel like it could be a little more fair somehow, but if it's inconvenient, then so be it. There's no sense in complaining if no one agrees.

But for example, if I don't want to keep my goalie, I would be in pursuit of a better one. If I keep him and everyone lets theirs go, then I would be screwed. Or if I let him go and everyone keeps theirs, then it's a wasted pick that I would have to make. Is this just luck of the draw then? I just feel like it could be a little more fair somehow, but if it's inconvenient, then so be it. There's no sense in complaining if no one agrees.

there have been 5 goalies kept so far, only you and Ian are left in setting your keepers, but the point of keepers is not to change who you want to keep based on who everyone else is keeping.  if your goalies suck, why would you keep them?