VC Fantasy Hockey League

an idea..

I think we should rank our top 4 keepers, (or up to 4 if you decide to keep fewer) and have each ranked keeper tied to a round draft pick, an example like:

1st keeper - 1st rd pick

2nd keeper - 2rd rd pick

3rd keper - 5th rd pick

4th keeper - 6th rd pick

just as an idea, and then whoever you want to keep you have to send your top 4 to the commish (ian) so he assigns them to the correct round in the draft. 

an idea..

I think we should rank our top 4 keepers, (or up to 4 if you decide to keep fewer) and have each ranked keeper tied to a round draft pick, an example like:

1st keeper - 1st rd pick

2nd keeper - 2rd rd pick

3rd keper - 5th rd pick

4th keeper - 6th rd pick

just as an idea, and then whoever you want to keep you have to send your top 4 to the commish (ian) so he assigns them to the correct round in the draft. 

Why screw with the draft over keepers? Just have each of us start with our 2-4 keepers, and draft normally.

I'm pretty sure that's the way keepers work, if you want to keep someone it counts as one of your draft picks.

It says they can either be automatically assigned before or after the draft (ie, the draft lasts four fewer rounds than we have spots), or they can be manually placed in specific rounds by the commish (which was Mike's suggestion). Everybody's keepers will be the four best players on their team, so I don't see any point in placing them in later rounds. Everybody will get their keepers, regardless of if it's before/during/after the draft, so why not just do it the easy way?

Im fine with whatever the majority want to do. But if we say set the max at 4 keepers and say someone doesn't want to use all 4 (i.e. me) then that person will need a extra draft pick so assigning keepers as picks is probably the way to go.

we'll see what the majority wants.

Im fine with whatever the majority want to do. But if we say set the max at 4 keepers and say someone doesn't want to use all 4 (i.e. me) then that person will need a extra draft pick so assigning keepers as picks is probably the way to go.

we'll see what the majority wants.

im in this boat, I think i am going to keep only 3 players, definitely 2, but I might keep one more.  i'll know better closer to the actual draft