VC Fantasy Hockey League

okay, so there has been no response from the last 2 previous owners so i sent pms to interested party's to take over those teams, i also sent messages to 2 others that would expand the team to 12.

To make room for the 2 new teams should we drop keepers down to 3?

How many new people want to join? Is it 4? Cause currently, I like keeping my 4 dudes I have haha 

where do you want the 2 new teams to sit in the draft?

i told them whoever pays the league fee first will get the 1st overall pick so ill let you know when that happens.

I didn't see a join league request, didn't make the cut?

sorry but the 2 new spots were filled by people who've expressed interest for a while.

Personally, I think they should just pick in the first 4 rounds. then we should figure something else out instead of them getting the first two picks beyond that too. A third of the league is new owners. It seemed like a few people checked out last year and stopped setting their line ups.... that was why I ended up so high. it kind of sucks to pick so late as a punishment for being an active participant. I know it's part of the game, still annoying though. As usual, I'm good with whatever, just my 2 cents.

I like the idea of setting the picks by how quickly we paid! - only kind of kidding.

Based on last seasons ending standings the draft order would be

1/2. new team

3/4. 12 Step-an Program (was Sputnik Nizhny Tagil) & Howe High (was Doc Emrick's Larynx)

5. Theo Fluery's Dealer

6. onlettingjoe

7. Slight Blasphemy

8. Jim Fox's Hair

9. Yak City Bitch

10. Its a Hockey Night

11. Knackered Meerkats

12. Swedishfish

Unfortunately I think its pretty hard to determine how many people stopped caring so i think its only fair to keep it that draft order since we all have keepers anyways. Hopefully making everyone pay a due keeps the whole leagues interest going all season.

Unless anyone else has any other ideas or really wants to do the payment quickness beyond the new teams.

So far we have 5 payments so the draft order would look like this (new teams & expansions take of the 1st 4 spots)

1 & 2 - New Teams

3. Howe High

4. 12 Step-an Program

5. Knackered Meerkats

6. SwedishFish

7. Jim Fox's Hair

So based on this method you got the guys who finished top 2 picking before the rest of the league..

or i could just use http://www.draftpicklottery.com/ to randomly pick it for us.

Also here is everyones VC names matched up to their league name

Alabama Thunderpussy = @whoshotthefrog
Kingdom Hearts = @jacobraccuia
12 Step-an Program = @thechrisformat
Howe High = @kylekrische
Theo Fluery's Dealer =
onlettingjoe = @onlettingjoe
Slight Blasphemy =
Jim Fox's Hair =
Yak City Bitch = @parkinglot
Its a Hockey Night = ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Knackered Meerkats = @sirrichardrichard
Swedishfish = @6heart6breaker6

Would anyone be interested in trading for Bobrovsky? Id like to get Hank this year because thats my boy and would rather trade Bob for a forward. But I may just keep him. 

Also if I have to drop down to 3 keepers instead of 4 I guess I dont really mind even though I said before. As for the draft order, I like the one where Im 5th overall. Haha

Also Mike, my keepers as of now are:

Perry

Getzlaf

Duchene

Bobrovsky

I thought it was going to be 3 keepers per team? Myself and the other new team(not the 2 new teams who are taking over a team) are at a complete disadvantage as a result. So, essentially the top 40 players will be kept before we select our keepers. That makes it slim pickings for us, but it is what it is. Looks like I'm just a $25 donation this year.

Keeper rounds will be locked based on final standings (worst to best), after the 4th round it will then snake starting worst to best. I dont want to have anyone surprised with this!

Thanks Mike

I thought it was going to be 3 keepers per team? Myself and the other new team(not the 2 new teams who are taking over a team) are at a complete disadvantage as a result. So, essentially the top 40 players will be kept before we select our keepers. That makes it slim pickings for us, but it is what it is. Looks like I'm just a $25 donation this year.

I don't think thats necessarily true, there are plenty of solid players that wont be kept (using myself as a example i probably wont be keeping Hossa, Johansen or Letang). Hell the winning roster last year didnt even have a 30 goal scorer. If you draft well and stay active on the waiver wire or swing a trade or 2 you can do quite well.

Heres the final rosters from the top 2 teams last year

Screen-shot-2014-09-10-at-11.19.09-AM.pn

Screen-shot-2014-09-10-at-11.21.05-AM.pn

My roster last year was stacked.  If I would have stayed active I think I would have won.  I mean, I had Rask, Varlamov, and Bishop.  I took Varlamov in the last round because during the draft someone wrote something along the lines of, "I dare someone to take Varlamov".  Hahaha.  Also Okposo was a huge steal.

Thanks Mike

I don't think thats necessarily true, there are plenty of solid players that wont be kept (using myself as a example i probably wont be keeping Hossa, Johansen or Letang). Hell the winning roster last year didnt even have a 30 goal scorer. If you draft well and stay active on the waiver wire or swing a trade or 2 you can do quite well.

Heres the final rosters from the top 2 teams last year

Screen-shot-2014-09-10-at-11.19.09-AM.pn

Screen-shot-2014-09-10-at-11.21.05-AM.pn

I understand your point, but there is a difference between starting out with 4 too players as opposed to 4 "solid" players. I went through all of the teams and every team will keep at least 2 stars and most will begin with 4 stars. This includes the two new teams who are taking over teams. I agree Hossa, Letang and Johansen are all good players, but I would be a little nervous starting out with Hossa and Letang as my top 2 when they go on the IR at least 2 times a year. All in all it is what it is and with all fantasy leagues I am in I always stick it out to the end. I just don't expect to do well this year. Just wanted to express my opinion and I'm sure most will not agree with me.