Run For Cover 2013 7" Split Subscription

• 1 month later...

I got the box and EE split in today. Dont mean to add more to this but the box isn't screen printed. Kind of a bummer on top of the long wait and early expiring discount.

Idk what I was expecting but I didn't think it'd be a paper box. The artwork is awesome and it looks really nice but just different from expectations.

The box looks awesome, it's easily the coolest part if you ask me. It is not screen printed as it was advertised, but I am not sure why thats really a big deal, they're just different methods of printing. Halfway through the process we realized we couldn't find a suitable box that we were able to screen print besides what we used last year, and wanted something a little higher quality. I think this years box is leagues better than the screenprinted one before it. With both box types, we're still undercharging for what it costs to make them in order to keep the subscription as low as possible. Also it is not 'paper,' it is cardboard, just like the last one. We could have done an engraved / screen printed wooden box, the subscription would have just been 4 times as much money.

To make up for the code thing, on the 1st of the new year all subscribers of the split series will get a discount code that will work all of 2015. 

Nevermind I am wrong, we ran out of mailers and then the holidays happened, so theres a handful that weren't shipped even though the labels were printed. They will definitely ship early this week. Sorry!

phew.  looking forward to wrapping up this sub.  in its entirety, it has seen three different years.  :-P

I would love to see another sub happen.

I'm sure it will. I have loved the past 2 rfc subs, but still find humor in how circumstance prolonged both despite the best efforts of the label. Sometimes you can't help but laugh a bit. Anyway, hopefully the next one ends up another cool concept, like the split series.

Posted pictures on my tumblr of the entire subscription, was well worth the wait.  Box is gorgeous as is all of the vinyl and I liked most of the songs!  Hope they do another sub series soon.

http://drewvandal.tumblr.com/post/107515751665/got-the-box-final-split-for-the-run-for-cover