Run For Cover 2013 7" Split Subscription

Sorry for the bump, but is there any new information about this?

It's already August and we've got 2 of the 7 so far. I really can't see the rest coming out by the end of the year.

It being august doesn't really mean anything. The 7"s weren't scheduled monthly. 2 of them are being pressed right now, 3 are mostly recorded, and one is starting soon, but we have a lot of time. Unless something crazy happens, it'll all go as planned. 

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, here's the email going out to everyone this week. Looks like I was a little off above, sorry!

-

Hello 7" subscribers!

4-6 weeks ago a few people were asking online whether or not all the 7"s would make it out by the end of the year. I assured that they would be, but in the end it looks like I was incorrect. Unfortunately due to a few bands schedules, they were not able to record in time to get the releases pressed before Christmas. Here's where we are at.

At this point, everyone should have gotten the Hostage Calm / Anti Flag 7", the 4 Way split, the Shook Ones / Death is Not Glamorous split, and the Run For Cover flag. If you haven't received all of those (assuming you've had at least one shipment so far) please email [email protected]. The Miserable / Grey Zine vinyl is in hand and will be shipping very soon (you're getting shipping confirmation now but it's going to be a week or so until they're in the mail.) 

The Self Defense Family / Meredith Hunter split and Empire! Empire! / Joie De Vivre splits are tracked and will be off to press next week. Pity Sex's recording schedule for their split with Adventures is the only thing up in the air currently and as soon as it goes off to press we will let you know. 

Sorry for the slight delays, but hopefully we can get the remaining 7"s out as early in January as we can. I thought eliminating the bi monthly release aspect would make things easier for this project but in hindsight that was perhaps not the case. 

The remaining 7" will of course come with the screen printed box as promised.

Thanks guys, we'll keep you updated.

-jeff

Yeah I am so excited about that split. I asked them to do it and they were both just said "sure." If only everything that cool was that easy to pull off. 

I've said this before on here, and I'll say it again: Joie de Vivre is the nicest and coolest band in this scene.  They were super accommodating about a USPS failure when I won a contest they ran last year, they're great to hang out with at shows, and they're always down to play whatever crappy basement/living room my friends happen to be living in, so I've seen them in some weird spots.

I've said this before on here, and I'll say it again: Joie de Vivre is the nicest and coolest band in this scene.  They were super accommodating about a USPS failure when I won a contest they ran last year, they're great to hang out with at shows, and they're always down to play whatever crappy basement/living room my friends happen to be living in, so I've seen them in some weird spots.

And they're soooooo good. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Damn. I'm sure they're probably busy AF but it's a quarter into 2014.

Has nothing to do with being busy whatsoever. Has everything to do with bands not recording by the time they were told to. We sent out a message regarding why it was delayed months ago. Whatever the reason, it sucks. 

SDF split is being pressed, should be done soon.

EE! / Joie split is being pressed as of two weeks ago.

Adventures just finished recording their side of the pity sex split.

Discount actually went down when the new site launched which was kinda lame but w/e

Yea there were only a few weeks left in 2013 at that point so it wasn't too bad. I think I ordered on 7" at full price during the time window. Probably already would've saved $7-8 with it this year if it was still on though.