Dont you Hate winter?

one city in CT reported 38 inches.

the craziest part was when i shoveled last night around 10:30. i'd say there was somewhere between 8-12 inches at the time. once i finished, about 20 minutes later, a full inch had fallen where i started. within 2 hours, you'd never know i did anything.

We got a whopping 4 inches in Jersey City and people are panicking like it's the end of the world.

I'm a little disappointed, actually. Coming from Western NY, I couldn't figure out what the big deal was. (There was no prep work for the snow, that's what the big deal was.)

Seeing pictures from elsewhere, I realize we dodged a bullet, and I was more than happy to get out of work 5 hours early last night.

Also the douchebag tenant on the third floor of my house said when I started shoveling last night "Why you doin this now. Gotta half a foot coming our way." Yeah I treated the ground with salt early that way this morning I only shoveled the powdered snow and there was no layer of ice at the bottom. I did this because NYC also got a nice ice/sleet coat yesterday. Saved my back and aggravation this morning.

• 1 month later...