PO: My Bloody Valentine - New Album 180 gram

So, the mastering is different but isn't everything from the analog source? I'm confused. There should be less difference for this album between the vinyl and mp3's in sound quality compared to another album with analog vinyl/digital mp3's right?

well mp3s and cds actually are digital so it's likely that there were things done to the master to make them sound good on digital media and other things that were done to the analog master to make it sound good on vinyl.

I know cd's and mp3's are digital :D and I guess only "the vinyl was recorded, mixed and mastered in all analogue". But as far as sound quality is that much actually lost in the cd format? I know cd vs vinyl tonal qualities and highs and lows will be different.. and vinyl does sound better but is there actually that much of a difference if you were to play say the 16 bit wav through the same system you spin your vinyl on? if that still doesn't make sense then just ignore this, I'm not much of an audiophile hah..

Oh it will still be $30 plus in stores! But my local store said they ordered 12 copies from their distributor and they confirmed they are getting all of them !

It depends on your local store really! But it will be a large press regarleas of how much it is or how you get it! I wish I had waited to pick up in store but I would of only saved like $5!

Mine came today In a large box with no padding it was rolling/swimming in that box!!! Stupid! But somehow it's fine!!!

I know cd's and mp3's are digital :D and I guess only "the vinyl was recorded, mixed and mastered in all analogue". But as far as sound quality is that much actually lost in the cd format? I know cd vs vinyl tonal qualities and highs and lows will be different.. and vinyl does sound better but is there actually that much of a difference if you were to play say the 16 bit wav through the same system you spin your vinyl on? if that still doesn't make sense then just ignore this, I'm not much of an audiophile hah..

i really don't think it should sound different. that's why i thought it was weird when someone said they heard it "sounded like" someone different mastered it.

just wanted to throw this into the conversation:

"The vinyl has been recorded, mixed and mastered in analogue. It is
manufactured on 180 gram vinyl and comes in a gatefold sleeve with the
CD in a card wallet. The vinyl will be limited due to manufacturing
restrictions
."

If anyone read this and thought, limited to 500 or whatever, I think it just means that it won't stay in print forever. the manufacturing restrictions have to be based on production of metal parts and how many they want to make. with the maximum number of stampers made from one set of mothers, it's around 10,000 copies, give or take.

The argument had ended between us on here but thanks for your worthless 2 cents.

Actually, you run around acting like a little fuck head all over this board so I decided to put the post in this thread. 

I remember when you started posting here and you did nothing but drool and obsess over Ryan Adams shit. Go back to being that lame ass.

just wanted to throw this into the conversation:

"The vinyl has been recorded, mixed and mastered in analogue. It is

manufactured on 180 gram vinyl and comes in a gatefold sleeve with the

CD in a card wallet. The vinyl will be limited due to manufacturing

restrictions."

If anyone read this and thought, limited to 500 or whatever, I think it just means that it won't stay in print forever. the manufacturing restrictions have to be based on production of metal parts and how many they want to make. with the maximum number of stampers made from one set of mothers, it's around 10,000 copies, give or take.

I think a lot of people assume limited means something like /500 or /1000 because let's face it, SO many labels are cashing in on "limited" pressings or variants. It's a pretty clever marketing technique. And, not to mention that a lot of people eat that up and buy 4 variants or whatever to complete their collection but only listen to one, leaving less copies for other people who want to own one. When I hear "limited" and it's something I'd like to own I'll try and buy it before it sells out so I don't have to pay ebay prices for the 250 of 500 copies being listed there.

I'm not bashing anyone, and I do love a cool looking record, but most of the time I'd prefer just one color, maybe black or something that fits the packaging or feel of the album. And please, stop limiting things to such ridiculous amounts. I'm gonna knife somebody if The Weeknd's Trilogy is limited to 500 copies and I don't get one. Jus sayin

Actually, you run around acting like a little fuck head all over this board so I decided to put the post in this thread. 

I remember when you started posting here and you did nothing but drool and obsess over Ryan Adams shit. 

Just ignore him, by responding you give him satisfaction for being a child on da interwebz

I remember when you started posting here and you did nothing but drool and obsess over Ryan Adams shit. 

Is there a problem with liking a genius songwriter? Im glad you got your opinion in on me now if you dont like me, isnt there an ignore function on here (I know most boards have one)? Then I can never wet your panties ever again and i dont have to hear your opinion either. Brilliant.