PO: Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires Of The City // Exclusive White Vinyl LP - 5/7

wow. we're not even complaining about the first released single here. we're complaining about a font?

i saw it and thought: what a cool shot of NYC! check out that fog! vampire's in a city. ooooh. i see!

but i guess some people never liked Star Wars because of that ridiculous font they used.

• 1 month later...

i'm not going to listen to any of this because i think they made a huge mistake putting the album title on the cover. i can't forgive them for the direction they decided to go in with this release.

edit: he said, sarcastically.

Just received the following email from XL:

Due to production issues Vampire Weekend's upcoming album Modern Vampires of The City will be released on May 14, one week later than originally announced.

I'm not sure if it means just the vinyl, or all physical releases, or all releases period.  I'd hope that they'd still let it drop on iTunes on 5/7, but who knows.

Just received the following email from XL:

I'm not sure if it means just the vinyl, or all physical releases, or all releases period. I'd hope that they'd still let it drop on iTunes on 5/7, but who knows.

Got the same email, wonder why they're pushing it back?

Curious if it works like movies, the new Superman movie for example got moved back because the hobbit came out.

Granted it's only a week though for VW

• 3 weeks later...