Transit - Young New England

I tried again today and couldn't stand it. Either the vocals are bad or the hooks are bad and I dunno. It's rough. Pretty sure it'll be better live because the production won't be holding it back.

It's all good, glad you gave it another try. If you don't mind me asking, are you using a decent sound system and what format are you listening to it on? 

It's all good, glad you gave it another try. If you don't mind me asking, are you using a decent sound system and what format are you listening to it on? 

v0's on my laptop speakers. I'm not complaining about anything that quality would fix, I don't like the hooks and vocals. Quality won't make a difference there.

I swung by my parents house today and picked up my copy of the record and was pleasantly surprised by the look of the variant.

I had ordered the yellow/red/green variant, but it seems like I got a cool looking mix between the red/white/blue & the yellow/red/green.

sgl3pu.jpg

It's hard to tell in the photo, but the darker areas of the record are purple. The photo doesn't do it justice, it's really cool looking.

2isv68m.jpg

Has anyone else's here come out to be a mixture of the two variants?  I know it's not how it looks that matters over how it sounds, but I was psyched on these variants so I'm really happy about this, haha.

v0's on my laptop speakers. I'm not complaining about anything that quality would fix, I don't like the hooks and vocals. Quality won't make a difference there.

Word, just wondering. His voice definitely stands out a bit more on this album but I've been saying for years that his voice is weird and been in some lengthy debates with friends about it.

Enjoy the new Fall Out Boy man and I'll enjoy this!

I swung by my parents house today and picked up my copy of the record and was pleasantly surprised by the look of the variant.

I had ordered the yellow/red/green variant, but it seems like I got a cool looking mix between the red/white/blue & the yellow/red/green.

sgl3pu.jpg

It's hard to tell in the photo, but the darker areas of the record are purple. The photo doesn't do it justice, it's really cool looking.

2isv68m.jpg

Has anyone else's here come out to be a mixture of the two variants?  I know it's not how it looks that matters over how it sounds, but I was psyched on these variants so I'm really happy about this, haha.

That looks really cool! I don't think I liked mine as much but I just took a peak at it after the show last night. 

Word, just wondering. His voice definitely stands out a bit more on this album but I've been saying for years that his voice is weird and been in some lengthy debates with friends about it.

Enjoy the new Fall Out Boy man and I'll enjoy this!

His voice is weird and not classically good but it stands out in a bad way this time. 

His voice is weird and not classically good but it stands out in a bad way this time. 

I think it stood out in a bad way before too...that's why I had this debate with my friends even though I still liked and do like them. That's why I'm surprised at the hate it's getting. If the whole album sounded like Nothing Lasts Forever or Young New England then I would understand.

I'm just glad you at least gave it another chance.

I think it stood out in a bad way before too...that's why I had this debate with my friends even though I still liked and do like them. That's why I'm surprised at the hate it's getting. If the whole album sounded like Nothing Lasts Forever or Young New England then I would understand.

I'm just glad you at least gave it another chance.

I mean I didn't listen all the way through, just skimmed the tracks that they're playing live so I know them a little better for the show. Couldn't get through most of them. heh.

Excited to hear Nothing Lasts Forever though, song's still a jam and by far the best on the album.

Agree to disagree. His voice sounds pretty much the same it always has honestly. It just stand out more. So I don't know what you're hearing that is so bad. And the hooks are just as good as ever soooo....agree to disagree. It really is like we are listening to completely different albums. Just baffles me that you can dislike it so much. I guess Tommy really got in your head.  :P

Anyway, if anyone is interested in seeing video of old and new Transit songs from the CT show you can find them on my YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/acfine22

Agree to disagree. His voice sounds pretty much the same it always has honestly. It just stand out more. So I don't know what you're hearing that is so bad. And the hooks are just as good as ever soooo....agree to disagree. It really is like we are listening to completely different albums. Just baffles me that you can dislike it so much. I guess Tommy really got in your head.  :P

Anyway, if anyone is interested in seeing video of old and new Transit songs from the CT show you can find them on my YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/acfine22

Read the AP thread, I was totally one of the first people calling it out right before the big shitstorm started, ahahah.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?p=120796971#post120796971

o wow

song's a poppy jam, the guitar solo is super cool, and after I heard that track I really felt they were going in the direction of an even poppier L&F which would have been amazing.

lol Weird, because I feel like that is EXACTLY what they did on this record. It sounds like a poppier L+F to me. So again, agree to wholeheartedly disagree. This album is a prefect progression from L+F and not a regression like Tommy says. That's my opinion, and he can have his and you can have yours....but you're both wrong.  ^_^

o wow

song's a poppy jam, the guitar solo is super cool, and after I heard that track I really felt they were going in the direction of an even poppier L&F which would have been amazing.

I'm fine with it being your jam. It's just not one of my favorites on the album. The reason I'm face palming is because you still really haven't even listened to the album but you keep posting negative stuff about it. 

Joe B. sounds like Joe B. The songs may have less of an urgent feel to them their older stuff and maybe that's why some people felt it's lacking in passion, direction, or whatever. I dunno. I listened to it in the car with my friends on an hour long drive and it was pretty easy to get into it. I get the direction and I dig the tunes. Getting the record, hearing what the band says about it, and seeing the new songs live definitely makes it a lot easier to get into. 

Anyways, you'll have fun at the show and the record itself is definitely beautiful.

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

There's no need for this. If you skim through a song and don't hear anything worthwhile then obviously you just don't like the song. While I was listening to the album I heard the first track and...well...it sucked. Next track sucked. Same as next. Then I skimmed through the remaining and honestly it was all really bland pop punk with mediocre production. And don't get me started on the lyrics. Oh man...

There's no need for this. If you skim through a song and don't hear anything worthwhile then obviously you just don't like the song. While I was listening to the album I heard the first track and...well...it sucked. Next track sucked. Same as next. Then I skimmed through the remaining and honestly it was all really bland pop punk with mediocre production. And don't get me started on the lyrics. Oh man...

I'm not sure you read the previous posts but we were just going back and forth. I don't know what you mean by "no need for this". I think it got my OPINION across pretty clearly in that post and Cwhitmuzik has shown he can take a few jokes or zingers. The reason for the facepalm was that he keeps criticizing the album and then admits he hasn't listened to it.

It's fine to not like the music but if I like something, I'm going to encourage other people to give it a chance. My friends encouraged me not to write this one off because my initial criticism was very harsh...glad I didn't. If he is a fan of Transit and going to see them in the next few weeks, I would simply like for him to enjoy the new songs. If he can't, he can't. I didn't like it at all on the first listen and didn't really feel it on the second listen. When I don't really feel an album on the first listen from a band I like, I usually give it a few listens. I tried the new TSSF 3 or 4 times and I still just don't like it. I'll probably listen to it again and I won't be skipping through the songs.

I'm not sure you read the previous posts but we were just going back and forth. I don't know what you mean by "no need for this". I think it got my OPINION across pretty clearly in that post and Cwhitmuzik has shown he can take a few jokes or zingers. The reason for the facepalm was that he keeps criticizing the album and then admits he hasn't listened to it.

It's fine to not like the music but if I like something, I'm going to encourage other people to give it a chance. My friends encouraged me not to write this one off because my initial criticism was very harsh...glad I didn't. If he is a fan of Transit and going to see them in the next few weeks, I would simply like for him to enjoy the new songs. If he can't, he can't. I didn't like it at all on the first listen and didn't really feel it on the second listen. When I don't really feel an album on the first listen from a band I like, I usually give it a few listens. I tried the new TSSF 3 or 4 times and I still just don't like it. I'll probably listen to it again and I won't be skipping through the songs.

NO JOKES NO ZINGERS STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS.

about the bolded, I guarantee if this album wasn't by Transit I wouldn't have given it even a second thought of relistening. Why should I give a band special privilege because I know them and liked them in a past? I basically did to them what I'd do to any band/album. Listened, found almost nothing to go back to, and so I did that. Only went back at all because of the show, heh.

But yeah, TSSF is relatively mediocre. Just so bland all the way through. The Glass is their best song to date though but there's just no variety and it's boring as hell.

NO JOKES NO ZINGERS STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS.

about the bolded, I guarantee if this album wasn't by Transit I wouldn't have given it even a second thought of relistening. Why should I give a band special privilege because I know them and liked them in a past? I basically did to them what I'd do to any band/album. Listened, found almost nothing to go back to, and so I did that. Only went back at all because of the show, heh.

But yeah, TSSF is relatively mediocre. Just so bland all the way through. The Glass is their best song to date though but there's just no variety and it's boring as hell.

Well I gave it more of a chance knowing my friends liked it and I liked all their old stuff. Also, the fact that i lived in Boston for a bit and New England all my life helps. Seeing them live a few times also made me feel more of a connection to the band. Obviously if they were your favorite band (guessing they're not) you probably would give them that special privilege without a second thought.

The TSSF is growing on me a bit (just gave it another listen) but I rather sing along to the new Transit record. Your description is exactly how I felt on the first listen. Some albums are growers and I'm hoping these both are for everyone. 

When/where is the Transit show you're going to? I'll be curious to hear what you think!

Well I gave it more of a chance knowing my friends liked it and I liked all their old stuff. Also, the fact that i lived in Boston for a bit and New England all my life helps. Seeing them live a few times also made me feel more of a connection to the band. Obviously if they were your favorite band (guessing they're not) you probably would give them that special privilege without a second thought.

The TSSF is growing on me a bit (just gave it another listen) but I rather sing along to the new Transit record. Your description is exactly how I felt on the first listen. Some albums are growers and I'm hoping these both are for everyone. 

When/where is the Transit show you're going to? I'll be curious to hear what you think!

I mean, they were up there, at least for the recent material. And I guaranteed the album would be an AOTY contender, so I have some connection to it, hah. 

Thing about TSSF is that I don't care about much pop punk anymore and I hate albums that are just so monotonous the whole time. So TSSF doesn't do much for me, hah.

on Tuesday in Baltimore. pain in the ass to get to Baltimore from here but I'm bringing my car up from home to school today just for this show. and driving some friends up there and that's a hassle too. but I'm doing it for the show which I've been so excited for, especially so I can see Young Statues again as well. Plus I'm interviewing All Get Out so that'll be fun.

I mean, they were up there, at least for the recent material. And I guaranteed the album would be an AOTY contender, so I have some connection to it, hah. 

Thing about TSSF is that I don't care about much pop punk anymore and I hate albums that are just so monotonous the whole time. So TSSF doesn't do much for me, hah.

on Tuesday in Baltimore. pain in the ass to get to Baltimore from here but I'm bringing my car up from home to school today just for this show. and driving some friends up there and that's a hassle too. but I'm doing it for the show which I've been so excited for, especially so I can see Young Statues again as well. Plus I'm interviewing All Get Out so that'll be fun.

I think the problem was you guaranteed AOTY contender...

Young Statues and All Get Out sounded great. I hope you are excited for Seahaven too because it was my second time seeing them and they were amazing both times.