Transit - Young New England

I think the problem was you guaranteed AOTY contender...

Young Statues and All Get Out sounded great. I hope you are excited for Seahaven too because it was my second time seeing them and they were amazing both times.

I mean after their last three releases (Promise Nothing, L&F, Skipping Stone 7"), I had faith in the band, hah.

Not a big Seahaven fan, we'll see though.

Man, my girlfriend pointed out that the "whoa-ohs" in "Thanks For Nothing" sure sound like that one Shania Twain song. Thought that was pretty funny. The song still fucking kills and I think they should release it as the next single.

Definitely. One of my favorite songs off the record, for sure. 

Posted that on the last page. I bought it and should be here tomorrow.

NO JOKES NO ZINGERS STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS.

about the bolded, I guarantee if this album wasn't by Transit I wouldn't have given it even a second thought of relistening. Why should I give a band special privilege because I know them and liked them in a past? I basically did to them what I'd do to any band/album. Listened, found almost nothing to go back to, and so I did that. Only went back at all because of the show, heh.

But yeah, TSSF is relatively mediocre. Just so bland all the way through. The Glass is their best song to date though but there's just no variety and it's boring as hell.

them's fightin' words

Spun this today... I wasn't too happy with how it sounded on my turntable.

Anyone else notice a sound quality issue?

Super bummed because I was into a lot of the songs, it just sounded incredibly muffled. Moreso than it does on my laptop speakers.

i listened to this on my table for the first time today and listened to it on my laptop later on and didn't notice any sound issues with the record

i listened to this on my table for the first time today and listened to it on my laptop later on and didn't notice any sound issues with the record

True.  Alright, thanks.  I'm going to look into cleaning my needle and see if that improves the sound.  But it only happens with this record. Weird.

I have my copy with the screen print cover since yesterday.. and with every listen, this album gets better and better!

it took some time, but this album definitely grew on me. i'm liking it more with each listen, with the exception of "young new england," i can't get into that at all.

I agree with you guys. I am eating crow big time on this album after my initial criticism and doubts. I find myself now addicted and wanting to listen to it every time I get in the car. It's a great album for the warmer weather in New England. It's obviously not an album of the year contender but I find myself liking it as much as Listen & Forgive already. My favorite songs are "Weathered Souls", "So Long, So Long", Don't Go, Don't Stray", "Bright Lights, Dark Shadows", and "Thanks for Nothing". Can't get enough of those ones!

I'm not a huge fan of "Young New England" either but it is a fun sing along. I can at least listen to it now instead of skipping. 

Got my pink starburst in the mail yesterday and the color looks nowhere as good as the other "floral green" looking one. Wish I didn't get suckered to get the big bundle package for it.

On a side note I got sent two copies of the green/yellow with the limited slip sleeve so if anyone needs one hit me up. Also have the eagle and lighthouse shirts (size medium) that I'll sell and I think 6 copies of the cd (3 digipack, 3 included with the vinyl). Let me know if you need anything.