THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

I think maybe these Japanese sellers in particular are having trouble the decimal during conversion rates because there's no way they could think a Rise Against LP is worth more, especially not that much more than Aenima. Either that or the dudes just lost their shit and are going wild. Its like they wrote random extravagant amounts on little pieces of paper and just pulled them out of a hat.

How hard is it to have an inventory system where if it is sold in the store, it automatically takes it off the website.

I'm with this all the way. It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to set that up but maybe there's just something about their data entry system that makes software like that incompatible.

This happens way more than it fucking should.

Yes but if I'm guessing Reckless its probably out of stock because their website is crap. I have got some gems off of their website but lately I have got nothing because everything I order off of there has already been sold. Ordered Johnny Cash: A Hundred and Highways and David Bazan/Casey Foubert split and they were already gone. How hard is it to have an inventory system where if it is sold in the store, it automatically takes it off the website.

The site updates automatically every night around 1:00 A.M. Items that have been on there may have been sold between 10:00 and 10:00 that previous day so there's no telling. I'm at all three Reckless locations at least once a week so I'm for the most part able to stay on top of new stuff coming in, but it gets tough to keep track for sure.

Yes but if I'm guessing Reckless its probably out of stock because their website is crap. I have got some gems off of their website but lately I have got nothing because everything I order off of there has already been sold. Ordered Johnny Cash: A Hundred and Highways and David Bazan/Casey Foubert split and they were already gone. How hard is it to have an inventory system where if it is sold in the store, it automatically takes it off the website.

The site updates automatically every night around 1:00 A.M. Items that have been on there may have been sold between 10:00 and 10:00 that previous day so there's no telling. I'm at all three Reckless locations at least once a week so I'm for the most part able to stay on top of new stuff coming in, but it gets tough to keep track for sure.

Its still annoying as shit to have wait til the next day to find out if you're getting your records or a Dear John email.

I think maybe these Japanese sellers in particular are having trouble the decimal during conversion rates because there's no way they could think a Rise Against LP is worth more, especially not that much more than Aenima. Either that or the dudes just lost their shit and are going wild. Its like they wrote random extravagant amounts on little pieces of paper and just pulled them out of a hat.

Nope. This guy is just a stupid asshole. I messaged him about a record a long ass time ago about his prices and he's not having trouble with conversion rates. Dude's delusional. His items get posted in here every few months or so.

I asked that dude once about the price of one of his records and he told me I could make an offer. Which is pretty confusing especially combined with what he told nothingnatural above ^

Strangest part to me is why on earth if he accepts offers he hasn't got "Make An Offer" as an option on his listings. Dude's an idiot.

How hard is it to have an inventory system where if it is sold in the store, it automatically takes it off the website.

I'm with this all the way. It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to set that up but maybe there's just something about their data entry system that makes software like that incompatible.

I work in retail and you'd be surprised how often I have people who come in saying "it showed it available online" and by the time they drive in the item is out of stock. It'd be great if a programmer could fix things, but I'm assuming the problem it's kind of widespread across retail. I've only had 2 instances with reckless where the item wasn't in stock, a copy of Thrice's vheissu and a five iron frenzy 7in on my last order. Their response time at reckless to online orders has gone from 1 day about a year ago to about 3 days now. If you see something online I'd suggest calling and seeing if they can pull it for you right away.

What if we all picked a day to make a ton of low-ball offers to LazyLabrador Records? Do you think that the prices would drop? Probably not, but it would be a fun thing to do monthly...weekly...

Nope. Making a low-ball offer to ridiculous sellers such as Lazylab is basically a waste of time. They can either ignore it or decline it. If someone else tries to make an offer equal to or less than a really low offer she already declined, eBay will automatically tell you that the offer is too low. Sellers like Lazylab are obviously annoying but you just have to accept the fact that there's people out there like that (I'll be the first to admit that I've griped about her in the past). Records are now a popular thing again so obviously there's gonna be a large amount of people that are gonna cash in as well as exploit new buyers that fail to educate themselves. There's also a small amount of rich people that really don't give a shit what they're paying if it's something they want or even something they see as an "investment." I've been buying records my whole life so the record "resurgence" is both a good and bad thing to me. Good because a ton of stuff I never thought I'd see pressed or repressed has been. Also good because of places like this where I've come in contact with many like minded music fans that I've been able to trade with or just shoot the shit with. Bad because of all the people in it for a profit. LOL, also bad because of how many times I've seen the word "vinyl" these days but whatever. Anyways, don't waste your time making a bunch of low-ball offers to Lazylab and other sellers like her.

LOL @ someone calling issei2006 a genius. I don't think he's selling much outside of eBay as the same crap seems to sit on eBay forever and a day. I've seen many of his items on eBay for years. He's just one of those guys that prays on an idiot buying from him. People like that suck but they're gonna be around no matter what or as long as the gettin's good. I wish every record was only on black (or any other ONE color) and not limited so none of this "baseball card mentality" shit would go on. I'm done ranting.

Nope. Making a low-ball offer to ridiculous sellers such as Lazylab is basically a waste of time. They can either ignore it or decline it. If someone else tries to make an offer equal to or less than a really low offer she already declined, eBay will automatically tell you that the offer is too low. Sellers like Lazylab are obviously annoying but you just have to accept the fact that there's people out there like that (I'll be the first to admit that I've griped about her in the past). Records are now a popular thing again so obviously there's gonna be a large amount of people that are gonna cash in as well as exploit new buyers that fail to educate themselves. There's also a small amount of rich people that really don't give a shit what they're paying if it's something they want or even something they see as an "investment." I've been buying records my whole life so the record "resurgence" is both a good and bad thing to me. Good because a ton of stuff I never thought I'd see pressed or repressed has been. Also good because of places like this where I've come in contact with many like minded music fans that I've been able to trade with or just shoot the shit with. Bad because of all the people in it for a profit. LOL, also bad because of how many times I've seen the word "vinyl" these days but whatever. Anyways, don't waste your time making a bunch of low-ball offers to Lazylab and other sellers like her.

I figured that it wouldn't really work, but it would just be fun if we all offered low at the same time and filled her message folder with obnoxious offers. Thanks for taking the time to respond with such a detailed answer though. +1

it was posted on absoultepunk

can't tell if truth or sarcastic but regardless lololololol

it was posted on absoultepunk

I got an ebay email for it yesterday and thought it was pretty dumb the price jumped that much if EVR now owns the rights to it and it'll be repressed.

Don't know how much of you care to have the japanese pressing, but this is pretty cheap considering it was at least 70 or so bucks shipped from the label

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BORIS-NEW-ALBUM-2LP-RARE-DAYMARE-VERSION-OOP-Melvins-Sunn-Electric-Wizard-Kyuss-/150749886364?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item231964b79c#ht_499wt_1185

You've got to love typos on Facebook.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230740158919?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_539wt_1398

That's fantastic! I'm assuming you won it? Lol, That fucker was already up once and went unsold. I wish I found it as that's a really great deal. I own the RSD version but the nerd in me still wants the OG.