OFFICIAL RSD13/Record Store Day Releases Thread (1st Post Updated)

Are strictly discs preorder prices usually indicative of how much things are actually gonna retail for? If so these prices.... Ugh. Fucking record store day. I pooped a little when I saw that DMB release though. If I don't get a copy of that I may actually hunt down the ppl who buy this to flip it.

Is Strictly waiting to put the RSD stuff until the middle of March?  just curious.

Also, since that DMB is on blue, it's always possible they'll release it sometime later this year on black...

Meh, i dont share your opinion at all.

My opinion is that they are doing right and doing wrong. It's record store day, so in title alone, we should be driving to record stores and buying these items from them. In turn, it supports these record stores. Now, it looks like strictly discs has a physical store as well, so, why not help the people that can't make it out on RSD so they have a chance to buy these? The support will still go to the store and what not. I think as long as they don't take preoders, what they are doing is quite alright.

Every year this day gets more and more expensive for me. 

yeah, I didn't think I'd top last year, but it's getting pricey already. If I add Zaireeka on top of it, I'm gonna blow my budget. At 7500 copies, though, I think that one is going to be around for a long time and not needed as a day 1 purchase. trying to consolidate the day to the hardest to get stuff.

www.strictlydiscs.com/page/about/us/intheknow?id=234

You have to sign up for an account. Give them CC info. And they will hold your records for pick up on RSD.

Maybe.

Thanks!  I am familar with them, in regards to your "Maybe" comment.  I just didn't see the new 2013 link, must have missed it in my email.

My opinion is that they are doing right and doing wrong. It's record store day, so in title alone, we should be driving to record stores and buying these items from them. In turn, it supports these record stores. Now, it looks like strictly discs has a physical store as well, so, why not help the people that can't make it out on RSD so they have a chance to buy these? The support will still go to the store and what not. I think as long as they don't take preoders, what they are doing is quite alright.

In theory RSD is to help record stores. If they had a problem with what SD was doing, they would have put a stop to it right now but since its still helping their record store make sales, theyve obviously backed off any regulation to this point. The SD preorder isnt a new concept to them.

At the top of the order page after you request items, it says "Pickup In Store"

That was the same last year, it even still shows my order from last year and it said "picked up" and I clearly didn't pick it up lol. I think if they did change it this year to have it actually be picked up in stores, they would have made an announcement on their RSD 2013 Page at the top.

So, no worries about the "Pickup In Store"

I have no problems with reservations or in-store pick-up options. My local place does this for regulars, because they don't necessarily order everything on the distro list. If there's something specific I want, I tell them and they order it for me.

I see no difference between reservation for pickup or reservation for shipping. Either way its a reservation and a ton of record stores do it.