OFFICIAL RSD13/Record Store Day Releases Thread (1st Post Updated)

I'm headed up to Flint for the weekend. I am considering driving to East Lansing or Ann Arbor. Any suggestions?

I am looking to get the No Alternative comp, The White Stripes, South Park, Dio / Killswitch Engage, NFG, Cake and who knows what the hell else.

If you go to East Lansing, in addition to the renowned Flat Black and Circular, make sure you check out the Record Lounge, which is close by. It's first come, first serve, limit of one per customer on exclusives. Great people at that shop though, for real. It's way out of my way, but I thought about going there later on just to show some love.

FBC is obvious, though curiously, Ihave no clue what, if anything, they do for RSD.

Underground Sounds in Ann Arbor is going to have a huge line early in the day...HUGE line. They're only letting 10 people in at a time. As long as I'm in the area I usually pop into Encore, Wazoo, and PJs, though never for RSD stuff. Maybe something has changed, but in the past they haven't really been as involved with it as Underground.

A2 has 4 record shops within walking distance of each other. East Lansing has 2.

steventangent, on 17 Apr 2013 - 01:44, said:

If you go to East Lansing, in addition to the renowned Flat Black and Circular, make sure you check out the Record Lounge, which is close by. It's first come, first serve, limit of one per customer on exclusives. Great people at that shop though, for real. It's way out of my way, but I thought about going there later on just to show some love.

FBC is obvious, though curiously, Ihave no clue what, if anything, they do for RSD.

Underground Sounds in Ann Arbor is going to have a huge line early in the day...HUGE line. They're only letting 10 people in at a time. As long as I'm in the area I usually pop into Encore, Wazoo, and PJs, though never for RSD stuff. Maybe something has changed, but in the past they haven't really been as involved with it as Underground.

A2 has 4 record shops within walking distance of each other. East Lansing has 2.

Awesome info, man. Thanks!

I'n going to 2nd Ave records. I got there like ten minutes before opening last year and only four people were in front of me. I'll probably end up going to a couple stores like Everyday Music and Music Milennium to see if they have any sales going on.

I know this is redundant for some of you, but some people don't read my threads. Here's what I'll have for RSD (sale starts on FRIDAY at 3 Eastern). This will be the only time I plug this shit outside of my thread, I promise.

DISCOUNTS:

Spend $25 - 5% - use code SPEND25

Spend $40 - 10% - use code SPEND40

Spend $50 - 15% - used code SPEND50

IN STOCK:

- Cassino - Kingprince 2xLP - CREAM variant (last few copies) - $20

- John Nolan Bundle - Both LPs + the Mansions split for $30

- Hailey, It Happens LP - $1

Distro Stuff:

- Weatherbox - American Art 2xLP - 3 copies - $20

- Ghost Thrower/Foreign Tongues 7" - 5 copies - $5

- Divorcees 7" - 3 copies - $5

- No Such Noise 12" - 2 copies - $5

- Gameday Regulars 7" - 3 copies - $5

- The Ugly Club 7" - 3 copies-  $5

- Cruiser 7" - 3 copies - $5

FREE STUFF:

- Test presses - from a variety of CCR releases, old and new (this is purposefully cryptic)

- Signed jackets-  Cassino, John Nolan

- Some posters

- other stuff TBD

Shipping prices for the sale:

1 LP - $4.00 additional $0.75

2xLP - $4.00 additional $1.00

7" - $3.00 additional $0.50

Link http://collectiveconfusionrecords.bigcartel.com/category/vinyl

Holy crap, At The Drive-In is expensive.  $35 at one Toronto shop (Vortex)... and that shop usually has great/low prices.

Looked for a Toronto RSD thread but couldn't find... I've only ever been to Rotate This (opening) and then Sonic Boom (late) last year... what's best to hit up?  Any exclusives at Sonic Boom this year?  Where are you dudes going?

I would only ever go to rotate. 

I would only ever go to rotate. 

I go to Vortex first, because they will hold stuff for their customers on the specialty mailing list they know that confirm to buy the titles they hold.

That allows me to get what I really want and sleep in. From there I will check out Rotate, Kops and maybe Sonic Boom depending on what time it is. Vortex typically has the best prices in the city and are the best to deal with, they're just a bit out of the way.

Anyone going out in Richmond? I was curious where everyone was going to start on Saturday, considering Steady Sounds cancelled its midnight opening

I've been debating between Steady Sounds and Deep Groove. I'm not sure which would be better. Sucks SS had to cancel the midnight opening since then I could have gone to both openings. Stupid RSD rules that get broken much more severely elsewhere, but go unpenalized.

I'll also end up at Vinyl Conflict, just because. I'm not sure if they're even a part of RSD proper, but they still do fun stuff. I might try Plan 9 if they have a good sale or if I really can't find a release I want. I'm just not a big fan of Plan 9.