New Diy Label's First Release Fake Art Records

Hey chums, I don't expect this to get a lot of noise on here but i thought i'd throw it up as i believe in this label/artists.

Fake Art Records is a new label out of Fredericksburg, VA. Being run out of somebody's living room, releasing records by average joes who make awesome music.

I've been close to the fella who is running the label for the majority of my life. He got me into vinyl and i admire his ambition to start a label to release records for unknown artists he personally loves.

His first release is a split 7 inch by 2 impressive artists he's come across over the past couple of years.

Matt Pless has kind of an acoustic folk/pop thing goin on. He's an interesting individual from New York who tours most of the year by himself out of his car, has no qualms with playing a basement show, and has hair that rivals Claudio's.

I've never met Melissa Lucciola personally, but i've listened to a lot of her music. Her track on this 7 inch is incredible. Chick has a beautiful voice.

http://fakeart.limitedrun.com/products/512048-matt-pless-melissa-lucciola-split-7

So hey, check it out, give it a listen (there is a stream in the link). Order if you're inclined. Shoot me a PM if you do and maybe i'll head over to his house and we'll write you a love letter to include in your package :)

I may not be quiet the site Modern Vinyl is, but I really dug the tracks and posted them up on my site too:

http://www.dailyvinyl.net/2013/02/FakeArt.html

You should be the anti-thesis of MV and continue to post stuff about indie labels like this. Would be a nice breath of fresh air.

I may not be quiet the site Modern Vinyl is, but I really dug the tracks and posted them up on my site too:

http://www.dailyvinyl.net/2013/02/FakeArt.html

wow, that's so awesome of you man! i linked it to my buddy and Matt Pless. they'll be stoked.

i'm really appreciating the positive response from the community and i know Bobby is too.

i'll be going over to his place tonight, may help pack up some orders. nobody wants a love letter?? :o

also, CANADA PEOPLE EMAIL [email protected] AND HE'LL HOOK YOU UP WITH ADJUSTED SHIPPING CHARGES.