Faith No More - Album Of The Year Still Coming This Year?

Yes it is still happening, we were already approved by the label for a standard re-issue of the original pressing but we wanted to upgrade to have a gatefold with the lyrics and some extra art from the original cd release so we have been waiting for band approval on the lyrics for about 4 months. We hope to get this out by later this year but fully depends on how much longer work on the approval or denial or the gatefold takes.

so, are you finaly going to re-release it too?

Just wrote the only record store in my home town an email and asked them to order me AOFY & Angel Dust...they'll get each for 22€...strange regarding the fact that one is a single LP, the other a 2xLP...

Enjoytherides stuff is normally done through GZ Digital Media afaict. GZ often cram too much on each side. In this case though, Album of the Year is around 45 minutes long in total, so this particular record can quite easily be reproduced on a single piece of vinyl without any issues. I would expect the Enjoytheride pressing to be above average. The original AOTY vinyl is on one piece of vinyl (but sound pretty ho-hum).

43:04 TRT, it'll fit.  More concerned with how the remaster or source is sourced.  Album of the Year is considerably more digitally-clipped/compressed in its CD master than the other FNM albums.

fnm-collison_zps78d8985e.jpg

That won't be an issue for a good vinyl mastering engineer but since at GZ it's automated, it is a good point and one that will be interesting to see unfold. Not that I enjoy sitting around waiting for people to tread in dogshit, but it will be interesting to see if they tackle the problem or if as I expect they'll just let the machine do the "mastering".

That won't be an issue for a good vinyl mastering engineer but since at GZ it's automated, it is a good point and one that will be interesting to see unfold. Not that I enjoy sitting around waiting for people to tread in dogshit, but it will be interesting to see if they tackle the problem or if as I expect they'll just let the machine do the "mastering".

Sh/C/ouldn't the label modify the master before sending it for pressing?

Sh/C/ouldn't the label modify the master before sending it for pressing?

Yes. However I've spoken with a few bands who tried to get this done and met the hard sell to use GZ's mastering. Whether it's true or not I can;t say, but why wouldn't they lie? I have copie of some albums which were cut elsewhere and pressed at GZ and they sound absolutely great. One that springs to mind is the Pearl Jam's Backspacer on (UK) vinyl. Mastered by Golden Mastering, CA, USA and pressed at GZ. Sounds great.

One that springs to mind is the Pearl Jam's Backspacer on (UK) vinyl. Mastered by Golden Mastering, CA, USA and pressed at GZ. Sounds great.

Yeah exactly, I think of it this way: One can never expect it to sound right if the master provided isn't even prepared.  

I do graphic design for a living and would never trust a printer to significantly modify/enhance something for me.

Just pre-ordered from Last Rights Records, if Enjoy the Ride ever gets a version out I'll buy that too.

Thanks for the business, I appreciate it. Those interested can still grab a copy from my shop here ($33.99) - 

http://lastrightsrecords.storenvy.com/products/1895693-faith-no-more-album-of-the-year-vinyl-color-unknown-pre-order

Thanks for the business, I appreciate it. Those interested can still grab a copy from my shop here ($33.99) - 

http://lastrightsrecords.storenvy.com/products/1895693-faith-no-more-album-of-the-year-vinyl-color-unknown-pre-order

I'm tempted to order, but am after the gold.  :)  Realistically, what are the chances that it will be the gold over the black?  Any idea?

Whilst a repress is needed for Album Of The Year, I have trepidation as I get the feeling that this is going to be a nother style over substance pressing sent to the Czech Republic for anoth badly mastered record via Pirates Press. Although they've come some way at GZ to improve their product, it is still woefully below what we get from Pallas (Furnace or pallas Gmbh) or United  who offer competitive alternatives to the Pirates Press proxy.

We got a very poor remaster of Angel Dust but an impressive physical pressing from Mofi in 2008 (pointless) followed by two counterfeits of Angel Dust from GZ Digital Media (2012 and 2013  -the company behind the pirates Press proxy) which were woefully flat and forgettable. I'm just fed up of FNM not getting the attention to detail and ultimately the  pressing they deserve. Please, please look to a decent mastering engineer and a decent manufacturer for this reissue - even of you have to rope in SST Brüggemann GmbH for the cut and then either Furnace/Pallas, Optimal Media Production or even United Record Pressing to press the thing.

I've had rotten luck with United outside of RSD releases where maybe Jack whipped them in to shape with his name all over it. There are titles URP has pressed that I've had to buy THREE copies of in order to get one with all four sides centred enough that I can't hear blatant pitch variations during playback, never mind that they're usually pretty noisy too. Give me RTI over URP any day of the week if it's being pressed in North America.

I probably would have needed three copies of Black Gives Way to Blue as well had I not just forked over the money and ordered the far superior pressing from Germany. DMB's Big Whiskey - three copies. DMB's new album, not even bothering to buy another copy because Ray Janos @ Sterling confirmed it was cut from the Redbook CD files (WTF?), but the one copy I do have is noisy and severely off centre, Soundgarden King Animal got a UK copy and it was more quiet and perfectly centred.

I wish URP would put the quality into all their work that they put into their RSD titles this year and their work for Jack.

Guest Secular Haze

Tempted to try out 'whatrecords' uk. I can get Angel Dust and the gold AOTY for $90 shipped. Not bad!

They are outstanding. Quick shipping and lots of bubble wrap.