Faith No More - Album Of The Year Still Coming This Year?

I ordered mine from the Amazon seller The Connection and it arrived today. I was expecting black and was pleased to see that the sticker said it was the gold edition. Thanks for the heads up earlier in this thread!

I ordered from them as well and got the black edition. For the price and how it sounds it's fine, but it's kinda crazy they were also selling the gold copies at that price. 

I ordered mine from the Amazon seller The Connection and it arrived today. I was expecting black and was pleased to see that the sticker said it was the gold edition. Thanks for the heads up earlier in this thread!

lucky! i ordered from them as well, but i received black. i was kinda bummed that this didn't come with an insert, but for $9 shipped (gotta love amazon gift cards) i can't complain too much!

Does anybody know anywhere in the US that might be selling the gold (webstore or otherwise)?  I had preordered it from acousticsounds right when it went up on their website, but they're saying that it was MOV that changed their orders from the gold to the black; the woman I spoke to said they didn't give a reason.  Either way, I cancelled my order with then and I'm looking to get the gold version elsewhere.  If anybody know any place where I can find one or has an extra one for sale, please let me know (I actually started this topic 7 months ago, so it's pretty obvious how much I'd been looking forward to this one).

Does anybody know anywhere in the US that might be selling the gold (webstore or otherwise)?  I had preordered it from acousticsounds right when it went up on their website, but they're saying that it was MOV that changed their orders from the gold to the black; the woman I spoke to said they didn't give a reason.  Either way, I cancelled my order with then and I'm looking to get the gold version elsewhere.  If anybody know any place where I can find one or has an extra one for sale, please let me know (I actually started this topic 7 months ago, so it's pretty obvious how much I'd been looking forward to this one).

This advice seems strange. MOV knew how many they were going to press and allocated them well before they sold out at the stores who were to receive them. what Records for instance knew precisely the number of copies the UK was bing sent (just 400). I can;t see where MOV would be at fault. In fact my dealing swith them suggests that numbers are something they;re very tight on. With the Lullabies To Paralyse issue for example they told me the specific numbers which were being pressed on red vinyl and whn asked about the black, they said an initial 1,000 and then if demand was high, they'd repress it on the black. I would assume the same principle applies to all their coloured limited editions and the black non limited copy which comes afterwards.

try amazon USA, I ordered from there yesterday but a friend ordered a few days ago and got a gold one.

Fingers crossed you'll get the one you'#re after. Unfortunately, Amazon refuse to make promised on the colour but if anyone still has the gold, it will be them. 

Just to reiterate that Discogs has plenty of Golden Edition copies.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=4822602&ev=rb

I got my black "classic album" vinyl copy this morning. Very impressed. Absolutely minimal surface noise. Incredible detail. I really liked the "golden edition", but this takes the biscuit. I love this record. I've done scans for discogs and the links are below. Unhappy with the rear cover scans, but I have just killed my scanner to they're better than they should be.

Black 'classic album':

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=4858209

Golden edition:

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=4822602

I got my black "classic album" vinyl copy this morning. Very impressed. Absolutely minimal surface noise. Incredible detail. I really liked the "golden edition", but this takes the biscuit. I love this record. I've done scans for discogs and the links are below. Unhappy with the rear cover scans, but I have just killed my scanner to they're better than they should be.

Black 'classic album':

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=4858209

Golden edition:

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=4822602

So you heard both and think the black version sounds better? 

So you heard both and think the black version sounds better? 

Yep. My golden edition has some slight surface noise but it doesn't spoil play. The black is perfect but was made from the exact same stampers as the gold - s there's be very little difference anyway.

Both MOV pressings are better than the original MPO version from '97 imo. I've played all three today.

The worst thing about retailers not telling people what colour they are selling is that it's easy to tell without opening the seal. The black vinyl has a black label and the golden edition says golden edition on the label, the label is gold and it has a limited edition number on the bottom left of the rear sleeve.

Finally opened my copy on black.... wow.  Worlds more dynamic than the CD audio.  Very happy  :D

"Naked in Front of the Computer" (also one of my favorite activities) finally doesn't sound like ass.

Now MOV should do the Finch, Fiona Apple, and Local H catalogues.

I called soundstagedirect earlier today to inquire about The Real Thing green splatter LP.  The guy there says that the color variants for the FNM releases will only be released in Europe now.  He said it was something to do with Warner Bros and the rights; anybody have more information?

All the represses so far are on Warner Bros. Records and Music On Vinyl. Since these aren't officially distributed in the USA afaict, I find that a little strange. It sounds more like they failed to secure the coloured vinyl before they sold out. I can only guess.

Introduce Yourself.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Introduce-Yourself-Black-Vinyl-Faith/dp/B00F67ROD8/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1379262453&sr=1-1&keywords=faith+no+more

Yeah. I don't think they'll get the rights for We Care A Lot. Warner tried doing a CD reissue of it in Japan as part of their "Forever Young" series last year. They appeared to have made them but never released them. All purged afaict. Canceled a week or two before release. I know Mordam own/ed the rights and London repressed by license in 1996 on vinyl and one CD (Liberation in Australia) but that was it. I'd love to see another good remaster of We Care A Lot.