The Brand New Thread

How are the seven sins a part of Limousine?  I thought it was a nod to the girl's age, and not much else.

Also, has it been legitimately confirmed that the mother was found on the side of the road, holding her daughter's decapitated head?  That detail has always seemed to macabre and exaggerated to me... kind of like when a story gets passed on continually, and people add a bit of their own flare for extra emphasis.  Not doubting that it happened, just wondering if it's a legitimate fact.  Because... yeah.  Unworldly awful.

How are the seven sins a part of Limousine?  I thought it was a nod to the girl's age, and not much else.

Also, has it been legitimate confirmed that the mother was found on the side of the road, holding her daughter's decapitated head?  That detail has always seemed to macabre and exaggerated to me... kind of like when a story gets passed on continually, and people add a bit of their own flare for extra emphasis.  Not doubting that it happened, just wondering if it's a legitimate fact.  Because... yeah.  Unworldly awful.

I read an article that had excerpts from her speech that she gave the day after confirming all this happened. Really hard to read

How are the seven sins a part of Limousine? I thought it was a nod to the girl's age, and not much else.

Also, has it been legitimately confirmed that the mother was found on the side of the road, holding her daughter's decapitated head? That detail has always seemed to macabre and exaggerated to me... kind of like when a story gets passed on continually, and people add a bit of their own flare for extra emphasis. Not doubting that it happened, just wondering if it's a legitimate fact. Because... yeah. Unworldly awful.

When I saw brand new live, Jesse told basically that exact story. I hate to base facts off of some story a musician told, but we'd all like hope he wouldn't lie or exaggerate the truth, right?

I was going through the old Brand New Livejournal communities and looking through the memories posts... all the things that I missed/ had forgotten. Also it was exciting and weird seeing all these kids and their journals, obsessing about the band and writing and quoting song lyrics, a lot of them hadn't updated since around that early era and all these profiles were just suspended in time (guess you really can be 18 forever). Took me back to the days on watching videos on Fuse, myspace or AOL video on my crappy computer. Ahhh

my first real online crush happened in the lj community.

if any of you guys were a part of that, i was the one who wrote ridiculously in depth reviews of every show they played around here.

Weird, I'd always attributed the counting to 7 to the 7 deadly sins until I was told differently in the forums on the street team. I'd never seen that video Madie posted before. The story alone is enough, but that video really tears at your insides.

I always attributed to counting to the age of the girl, but after the video I am confused. The sins don't make as much sense as the age.

I was going through the old Brand New Livejournal communities and looking through the memories posts... all the things that I missed/ had forgotten. Also it was exciting and weird seeing all these kids and their journals, obsessing about the band and writing and quoting song lyrics, a lot of them hadn't updated since around that early era and all these profiles were just suspended in time (guess you really can be 18 forever). Took me back to the days on watching videos on Fuse, myspace or AOL video on my crappy computer. Ahhh

I remember the first time I saw the videos for Sic Transit and Quiet Things on Fuse.  They blew my mind.  I really wish that they would have released the video for Jesus.  It is so cool, and I'm glad it got leaked on the internet.