Would you buy? Split 12" with two debut EPs from up coming bands on it?

Just wanted to get a general consensus on something I'm working on in the future. Would you guys buy a Split 12" with each side featuring an EP from two different up and coming bands? For example, Side A would have Band X's debut EP and Side B would have Band Y's debut EP. Both EPs would be out digitally already, but it would be the first time either were on vinyl.

Personally, I think it would be pretty sweet and would give both new bands an opportunity to have their music pressed on vinyl and the fans would get something they liked and something new to check out, much like a traditional split.

It's a little different than a traditional Split release so I'd like to hear your thoughts! Any feedback is greatly appreciated! 

Does the music sound like something a bunch of teenie-boppers would enjoy? If so, no. though you will get more interest on this board if it is.

I'm talking more in general terms, would this idea be something you'd think would be a good idea, genre preference aside. But no, neither are "teeny boppers bands".

Yeah, Id bet it does ok on this board then.

Ive gotta be really careful with suggestions on VC because ive been burned before.

The label I run is called Reveille Records (http://facebook.com/reveillerecords) if you want to check out our other releases haha it'll give you a better idea of the type of music we put out. They're all melodic punk bands, but that's a broad category so their sounds vary quite a bit.

Really?!

If its good...put it out! I'm pretty sure these bands wouldn't be the first to have debut material on vinyl.

Or tell everyone the bands so you can get a real idea of the interest.

Yeah, I get that if the bands are good people would be interested, but traditional split releases are a few new songs from two bands.

This would be a little different, I'd be putting two recently released EPs on a single vinyl, one on each side. I've never seen it done that way before and was just wondering if the idea itself would be interesting to people or whether people would steer away from it.

Yeah, I get that if the bands are good people would be interested, but traditional split releases are a few new songs from two bands.

This would be a little different, I'd be putting two recently released EPs on a single vinyl, one on each side. I've never seen it done that way before and was just wondering if the idea itself would be interesting to people or whether people would steer away from it.

Seems like a fine idea to me. Existing fans of either band will likely pick it up and maybe find a new band they like. If not they got the material they wanted all the same. It's a little more expensive for the fan to buy a 12" over a 7", but a lot of the time I prefer a single sided 12" over a 7" anyway. Better continuity in the 3-5 songs when you don't have to flip half way through.

I only buy records from bands that I have a nostalgic tie to, or that are a current favorite. Vinyl is too expensive for me to buy "just to check them out." So no, I wouldn't buy it. However, you gotta start somewhere... and if both bands have already moved a couple thousand digital units, then I'd say they are ready to start playing with the big(ger) boys.

good luck to you!

Its been done before...two that come to mind are the B&C/Tigers Jaw split 12, and the recently released Ancient Shores/Cynarae split 12 from A389. Of course they are bands that people are familiar with, but it's really not a bad idea.