Tucker Max Thread

I read some of his stuff a couple years ago. I think it's funny, I like hearing things from his man-asshole point of view. Also I like slingblade.

I've read all of the dude's work, and though I'm pretty certain a lot of the things he's written are fake (or haven't actually happened to him), I really have enjoyed reading his books.  Also, Slingblade definitely makes me laugh. 

I don't think his stories are fake as much as they are over exaggerated. There are a lot of his stories that people have come out and said the basic story happened but not the exact way he described it.

That all being said his stuff cracks me up.

this:

I've read all of the dude's work, and though I'm pretty certain a lot of the things he's written are fake (or haven't actually happened to him), I really have enjoyed reading his books.  Also, Slingblade definitely makes me laugh. 

but also this:

This guy is everything shitty and wrong with the world. Just a pathetic guy.

Yeah, the Sushi Pants story was amusing, but I knew this one kid who looked up to him like he was the next coming of Christ when he was a freshman in college. This kid would also supervise a caddyhouse full of 12-15 year olds supremely hung over and threw up in the trash can on more than one occasion while doing so.

He was a winner. Knowing this kid was a part of his fanbase didn't endear me to Tucker in the slightest.