Iron Man 3

Liked that movie a lot but I was just sitting in the theater thinking "I just watched the origin of spiderman a couple years ago. Speed it up and get to the new stuff". Liked the second half a lot more than the first.

Feel like a second movie with 2 villians new to the big screen will be really cool from start to finish.

I honestly still can't believe they are making a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. I love the comic especially the older version. They should do a Nova movie since they are doing GotG. It really seems the next few movies are going to be much darker then before. I hope they add Fing Fan Foom to Iron Man 3;)

I know almost nothing about the Guardians, which is awesome. Going to keep it that way. Will make the movie more interesting.

i think most people are in this same boat (including myself).  I've read a little bit about them/the movie, and I can honestly say that beyond knowing who the characters are, there doesn't seem like there is much to know without reading the comics.  It's definitely an out there concept and I hope Marvel can pull it off.  They've got James Gunn signed on to direct and Chris Pratt (Andy from Parks & Rec) is staring, so it already has some positives going for it.  I don't think it would spoil anything for you to read who the characters are, but to each his own.  It's definitely going to be a CG heavy movie.

I'm just taking a "the less I know, the better" approach. If I had it my way, there would be no such thing as trailers. Give away too much. We'd all just take our chances on movies.

Chris Pratt is awesome. I only know that one character but he's a favorite. He also seems a bit on the heftier side to be a superhero but maybe he's exactly right for the character. He was a guest on Top Chef this season and was cool. Love my cooking shows too.

Back to Iron Man 3.. I hope the "TDKR" feeling means the plot is going to involve darker themes such as Iron Man's decline into alcoholism like one of the story arcs in the comics. It'd be hard to portray that to a widely distributed family-oriented film, but the trailer shows flashes of him looking depressive/wasted/hungover/burnt out, so we'll see.

This version is not so out there compared to the original version of Guardians which is completely different. This version fits better with the mainstream. They just relaunched the comic again with a .01 issue giving readers a history lesson on how one of the characters came to be. The movie should be mostly in space which is cool and a nice tie in with Thanos.

I'm just taking a "the less I know, the better" approach. If I had it my way, there would be no such thing as trailers. Give away too much. We'd all just take our chances on movies.

Chris Pratt is awesome. I only know that one character but he's a favorite. He also seems a bit on the heftier side to be a superhero but maybe he's exactly right for the character. He was a guest on Top Chef this season and was cool. Love my cooking shows too.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who enjoys cooking shows (I watch an ass-ton of Food Network) in addition to more traditional entertainment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Movie was much better than iron man 2, and pretty fresh as far as sequels go. (though I quickly picked up on some similarities between the plot of this and batman forever. Heh). I thought it was well casted too.

They did a good job keeping the post credit scene a secret unless they have more than one. Everyone was saying antman before. Though I thought the scene was "cute" quite a few audience members let out a collective "meh".

Yeah, the plot twist was a bit of a letdown, but I did enjoy the movie.

Post credit scene was okay I guess...better than falafel I suppose.