Mixtape Exchange

All of this sounds really cool. I'm down to get in on it.

It kind of reminds me of something I've been wanting to do:

On tour 5 or 6 years ago, we stayed with this couple who had a group of friends that traded mix cd's. 12 people/couples were involved and everyone was responsible for a specific month. Each month, the person responsible for the month would meet up/mail their cd to the others. Each person would create their own artwork and there was a box someone made to store all of the cd's for that year.

Ok, everyone send me your info via PM. once i get everyone's info in, next monday i'll let whomever knows who starts off being the 1st person to start said tape and where to send. from then on, the list will be posted so we know where it ends. once everyone has gotten it, madie can do the artwork and me and isavedlatin can do the tape dupes and print and put together the cassettes and i'll send.

as far as cassette exchanges, once the addresses are in, we can exchange cassettes by randomizing everyone into groups of 2 and go from there. if you so choose that you want to swap out with more than 1 person, let me know and i can group you up with those tht want to do the same. sound good. 

SO EVERYONE SEND ME YOUR NAME, ADDY, AND IF YOU WANT TO DO THE CASS. EXCHANGE TOO. IF YOU WANT TO TRADE WITH MORE THAN ONE PERSON AS WELL. C'MON DO IT. 

Sign This: closed

and one more thing:  don't steal bikes bro.

yeah, my ideas for cassettes are over the top so excuse ethe excessiveness of them people (madie, and whomever gets mine in trade)

ok, now we're all on the same page. madie, i have your addy so i'll just swap it over to the cass exchange info. and i'll get your cass out next week after sxsw is said and done. 

all my tapes should be sent out by next weekend. i gave a few to people I know in real life so I have some more to make. what's the best way to mail a tape? mini bubble mailer?

Ok, here is the link to the sign up form. It's so i don't get bogged down with PM's. and it's easier to manage

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15enfXzyMmjNnoWfudVtygbelkCS1BORPzBem9NzzyrU/viewform

also if you don't have a Tape Deck or access to one, please don't sign up for the coop mix exchange. it's going to be a rather long exchange and we'd rather not have a wrench thrown in because you don't have a cassette deck or recorder. Now if you're getting one in the next few weeks, by all means sign up. it's gonna be a at least a week before we even bother starting this thing. 

if you want to exchange with others, please write in the # of people you'd like to trade with. cool. Thanks

Mike

Control and Isaved,

I'll order the tapes since you are doing the duping.  Let me know if these would work and what length you would want. These go up to c-100 but I know from back in the day the longer the tape the worse the quality.  Just message me your address and I can get them out to you asap.

http://www.tapes.com/ecpbasf-typea-high-biasfor-originalmaster-recordings-c10font-colorbluestrong-click-for-more-lengths-strongfont-p-6211.html

I’m going to PM everyone who agreed to trade with me for addresses in the next few days.
there is also the option to participate in the vc collab tape and/or trade your own mixes with others.

Control and Isaved,

I'll order the tapes since you are doing the duping. Let me know if these would work and what length you would want. These go up to c-100 but I know from back in the day the longer the tape the worse the quality. Just message me your address and I can get them out to you asap.

http://www.tapes.com/ecpbasf-typea-high-biasfor-originalmaster-recordings-c10font-colorbluestrong-click-for-more-lengths-strongfont-p-6211.html

yeah, you are right.. length depending on the motor in your cassette player will eventually drag. we could do 60 minute tapes and i can send two cassettes out to people to start, that way we get the stuff faster since it's coming from 10 people instead of 20. in the meantime we can order all the stuff. i have the bubble mailers so we don't need to worry about that.

just ordering cassettes and cases, and i can get the j cards done at kinkos once madie does the artwork and sends it to me.

i have a question: is anyone up for ordering some more blanks? maybe if we get a group by in with 2 or 3 people we can order in 100 bulk and get them a little cheaper and buy colored cassettes or black, or whatever. and we can use the #'d amount for the others and keep the rest for personal use. i need some blanks anyway. i don't mind pitching in like $30. i just don't need 100 blank cassettes. more like 30 or so.

let's hold off for now till we get the cassettes out into the hands of everyone to start off with.

Ok, here is the link to the sign up form. It's so i don't get bogged down with PM's. and it's easier to manage

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15enfXzyMmjNnoWfudVtygbelkCS1BORPzBem9NzzyrU/viewform

also if you don't have a Tape Deck or access to one, please don't sign up for the coop mix exchange. it's going to be a rather long exchange and we'd rather not have a wrench thrown in because you don't have a cassette deck or recorder. Now if you're getting one in the next few weeks, by all means sign up. it's gonna be a at least a week before we even bother starting this thing. 

if you want to exchange with others, please write in the # of people you'd like to trade with. cool. Thanks

Mike

i pm'd you prior to the sign up doc, want me to still fill that bad boy out? just say the word

yeah, you are right.. length depending on the motor in your cassette player will eventually drag. we could do 60 minute tapes and i can send two cassettes out to people to start, that way we get the stuff faster since it's coming from 10 people instead of 20. in the meantime we can order all the stuff. i have the bubble mailers so we don't need to worry about that.

just ordering cassettes and cases, and i can get the j cards done at kinkos once madie does the artwork and sends it to me.

i have a question: is anyone up for ordering some more blanks? maybe if we get a group by in with 2 or 3 people we can order in 100 bulk and get them a little cheaper and buy colored cassettes or black, or whatever. and we can use the #'d amount for the others and keep the rest for personal use. i need some blanks anyway. i don't mind pitching in like $30. i just don't need 100 blank cassettes. more like 30 or so.

let's hold off for now till we get the cassettes out into the hands of everyone to start off with.

I planned on ordering 50-100 with cases.  If anyone knows of the cheapest place for high quality tapes let me know I've just spent some time googling around.  I also haven't been able to find colored tapes that are the Type 2 Music Quality tapes, so if anyone knows of a place for that let me know too.