Mixtape Exchange

If you hate cassette tapes, move along B)

I'm sure someone here has tried this before. but I thought I'd give it a shot. Over the past week I've been making mixtapes. I posted about them on instagram to see if anyone was even interested in this, and gave away a few for free.

I saved 3 tapes for the purpose of exchanging them with people on here. So, who wants to a tape? All you have to do is send me one in return.

As far as the music goes, it's all shitty sad bastard music. alone in your room drinking liquor spiked with tears music. I designed the inserts. the photo is of my great grandfather and his best friend.

NO VC hype bands, just a bunch of random stuff I've found on bandcamp and really enjoyed.

This may fail miserably, and if it does I'll just give away the remaining 3 tapes to whoever wants them.

love ya'll

2dtdank.jpg

im down for this, Im actually working on a project like this. my girlfriend does the artwork and i do the mixes. I've sent out 5 or 6 so far to random people that asked for one on my blog.  mine usually have some sort of theme. like 7" or track one side one (high fidelity reference)  

I'd be down, just need to get tapes! Maddie how'd you get that sweet cover art?

Thanks. I'm a graphic designer and we have a print shop where I work, teenageeric

I've got a bunch of extra covers printed off. I can make more tapes if I need to!

I'll pm everyone who's showed interest sometime this weekend.

If this goes over well I'd do a volume 2...

hopefully we can get a whole pen-pal mix tape thing going.

also I forgot to mention each tape comes with a drunk note written by yours truly.

Grab a $20 tape deck from Goodwill, get some tapes, hook up an audio source (receiver line out, laptop, ipod, etc.) and start recording tunes. Then make the packaging and you are set.

No way. Get this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Talkboy-1993-from-the-movie-Home-Alone-/281072549234?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item41713abd72

Play your ipod. Put it in front of the speaker. Press record.

Then as a bonus, use it to pull crazy shenanigans on criminals that try and break into your house.

Grab a $20 tape deck from Goodwill, get some tapes, hook up an audio source (receiver line out, laptop, ipod, etc.) and start recording tunes. Then make the packaging and you are set.

Hmm alright, I might swing by there this weekend to see if they've got one, cause I'd love to be a part of this. Seems really cool