Transplants - In a War Zone

Since when has cholo been acceptible for non Hispanic people to use? You are aware it's a racial slur, right?

I don't know. I don't think anything is racist unless somebody makes it racist. I work construction with a bunch of Mexican guys so cholo is just one of those words everyone says. Among others...

Would Hispanic gang banger looking guys be a more acceptable way of saying it? They were all wearing tan shorts and wife beaters. A large majority of them also had head tattoos.

I don't know. I don't think anything is racist unless somebody makes it racist. I work construction with a bunch of Mexican guys so cholo is just one of those words everyone says. Among others... Would Hispanic gang banger looking guys be a more acceptable way of saying it? They were all wearing tan shorts and wife beaters. A large majority of them also had head tattoos.

Not saying you in particular at all, just keep hearing it more frequently now as to why im curious. It used to be a pretty hard jab at darker skinned Hispanics, the equivalent to the N word, enough that in certain places it's used as a term of endearment as well and goes either way depending on your skin color. So I find it weird hearing it so much now.

I wouldn't know what to call them either, gangsticans?

I don't know. I don't think anything is racist unless somebody makes it racist. I work construction with a bunch of Mexican guys so cholo is just one of those words everyone says. Among others... Would Hispanic gang banger looking guys be a more acceptable way of saying it? They were all wearing tan shorts and wife beaters. A large majority of them also had head tattoos.

Probably better than what I call them, gringos. They dont like it too much when i call them that. I say youre in America now, you're a gringo. Haha.

Since when has cholo been acceptible for non Hispanic people to use? You are aware it's a racial slur, right?

Would you prefer Esay's instead? Growing up in LA and around the Chicano culture I've never once heard someone say Cholo is a racial slur.

If you're Hispanic, wear baggy jeans & a wife beater and have your head shaved and tattooed then you're a cholo.

Would you prefer Esay's instead? Growing up in LA and around the Chicano culture I've never once heard someone say Cholo is a racial slur.

If you're Hispanic, wear baggy jeans & a wife beater and have your head shaved and tattooed then you're a cholo.

cholo isn't a Mexican term, it's a south american and to be exact, Peruvian term which is where I'm from. Also Chicano refers to Mexicans, not all Hispanics. From you, I'd prefer Hispanic since you can't seem to tell the difference.

Probably better than what I call them, gringos. They dont like it too much when i call them that. I say youre in America now, you're a gringo. Haha.

unless you were being a jerk about it, they're just being whiney.

My grandpas nickname is gringo and we've all always been pretty fond of it.

Looking forward to this. Hopefully no shampoo commercials this time.

I still remember running into my room screaming yessss bc I thought they were on tv only to scream noooo when I saw what it was. It was a Dark dark day.

cholo isn't a Mexican term, it's a south american and to be exact, Peruvian term which is where I'm from. Also Chicano refers to Mexicans, not all Hispanics. From you, I'd prefer Hispanic since you can't seem to tell the difference.

I'm very aware of the difference. 2 of my best friends are Hispanic, one of Equedarian descent and the other Mexican. I was not mistaken when i was referring to the Chicano culture in LA.

I'm very aware of the difference. 2 of my best friends are Hispanic, one of Equedarian descent and the other Mexican. I was not mistaken when i was referring to the Chicano culture in LA.

hahaha ecuadorians helped coin the term cholo as a racist term towards poor indigenous Peruvians. I'm mixed I know all about this along with being called it.

Look man I get you like to argue what I post but you're backwards here. Take a chance to learn something new outside of southern Cali, if you're so aware of the Chicano culture, why call them cholos? Call them Chicano. Honestly I don't care what you call them bc ill never meet you but it doesn't make it any less offensive to other people even if Americans felt like adopting it into their language.

Now back to how the transplants are awesome even tho they throw some racist ass shit in their music lol hope it's more like self titled than haunted cities

*not serious about transplants being racist, just a funny uneducated jab at skinhead rob.

unless you were being a jerk about it, they're just being whiney.

My grandpas nickname is gringo and we've all always been pretty fond of it.

I still remember running into my room screaming yessss bc I thought they were on tv only to scream noooo when I saw what it was. It was a Dark dark day.

No I just joke around with them about it. Im the furthest thing from a racist, we all tease each other at construction sites. Just what guys do to each other out here.

• 4 weeks later...